Where To Eat in Baguio: 50's Diner (Porta Vaga Mall)

Last October 11-14, 2018, we went to Baguio City for a 4d3n trip. If you've been following my blog, you might notice that I have this yearly trip to Baguio ever since 2016. The reason I do this is because I miss the cold weather, food and just the laid back life in Baguio. I also go back to Baguio in different months just because I want to experience different weather here. 
  
And of course! I can’t miss any food trips during my visit in Baguio. During our first night, we went at the famous 50's Diner Porta Vaga branch in Session Road. A year ago, I've been to 50's Diner at the Military Cut Off Road branch. The meals were great and of course, the prices were AFFORDABLE that's why I suggested this one to my friends. 

Since it's my first time in this branch, we had a hard time looking for the location of the 50's Diner at the Session Road. I just knew that it's in the Session Road in Porta Vaga Mall. Better to ask the security guards for directions since the 50's Diner logo can't be easily seen if you stroll in Session Road. 

50's Diner in Session Road is located at the 4th Floor of the Porta Vaga Mall. This branch is bigger compared to the Military Cut Off branch. At 7 in the evening, the place was full so we had to wait for 5-10 minutes before we had out seats. 
 
Place is really nice and has this Riverdale feels but I wasn't able to appreciate the place because there were lots of customers dining during that time. 

We were given the MENU and good thing, the prices were still AFFORDABLE!

Here's what we had:

Chicken Cordon Bleu (Php145) 
"Breaded chicken fillet stuffed with ham and cheese, fried till golden brown. Served with rice."
 
- This is what I exactly ordered too a year ago and wasn't really satisfied that time. This time, I can say that the Chicken Cordon Bleu was perfectly cooked, it was soft and crunchy. Totally love the cheese inside!

50's Mocha (Php100)
"Coffee and tea beverage drink, blended with fresh fruits infused with ice cream top with whipped cream"
  
- Coffee, tea, fruits?! I was expecting that I would taste weird but it tastes so good! It has a sweet coffee taste instead. Recommended to try! 

 

Since we went here last October (currently writing this on Dec 1, I honestly can't remember what my friends ordered below). As I remembered, both of my friends also enjoyed their meals. 
 
 

Glad to finally visit the 50's Diner Porta Vaga branch. Place was good but since this one is inside the mall (more customers around), I prefer their Military Cut Off Road branch instead. The foods served were better this time and I really enjoyed the meal. This would be my go-to recommended place when you want to eat in Baguio but on a budget. Servings are really huge given the price! 
 
50’s Diner
Located at: 4th Floor Porta Vaga Mall, 105 Session Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
Opens at: 10am – 10PM; Mon - Sun 
Phone number: (074) 423 0537 

 
 
 

0 comments