A Trip to the Northern Blossom Flower Farm, Atok Benguet 2024

Last February 2024, we went to Baguio City for a 3d2n trip. If you've been following my blog/Youtube, you might notice that I have that yearly Baguio trip since 2016.  I was planning to go back again last 2020 but pandemic happened. It's been 5 years since I last visited Baguio that is why I am so excited for my trip this 2024.  

I miss the cold weather, food and laid back life in Baguio. I always go back during different months in Baguio because I wanted to experience a difference in weather. 

Just 2 hours away from Baguio, the NORTHERN BLOSSOM FLOWER FARM has become a popular destination among travelers. It is known for having a majestic picturesque place up in the mountains of Atok, Benguet. 

During my 2nd day in Baguio, we decided to travel there. We initially planned to go there early in the morning but was too tired to wake up early. It is recommended to visit the place at early in the morning because of the view is much better when the sunrise face the mountains of blossoming flowers. The ticket fare was Php200-250/each. I forgot the exact fare.  

Anyway, at 12nn we went at Dangwa Terminal in Baguio and the van is the only mode of transportation available that time. It took us an hour in the van before it started the trip. They didn't even opened the aircon 'til before the trip started 10 minutes prior. It was so hot inside the van and it was draining me. It was zigzag road going to Atok and that really made me so dizzy. Good thing that I bought my Poy-sian which helped me a lot with the motion sickness. Nevertheless, the view going to Atok is amazing. 


Arrived at around 3pm. We paid Php250/each for the ticket plus Php50 environmental fee. A mini orientation was done at the entrance with tips from the guide. Upon entering, you can immediately see the beauty of the flowers and mountain. The place is really wonderful! 

  


  


  





  



There is no time limit inside the garden but it was stated that once you exited the garden, you cannot go back again inside. So you really have to make the most of out your stay inside. There are resting area/chairs inside just in case you get tired. 

At the end of the trip, you can get your free coffee and snacks at their cafeteria. 

Since we came in the late afternoon, exploring the place for 2 hours was honestly not enough. The garden is really huge! I was pressured by wanting to explore the whole place, taking photos at every corner and at the same time just appreciating the place. Also, I was already tired from the heat if waiting inside the van and the trip itself going to Atok. We don't want to stay late at the place too since we will still go back in Baguio and it'll be dark on the way. 

Our trip ended at around 5pm. You need to walk for about 5 minutes to get to the van terminal near the police station. We were the last passengers for that trip and we sat at the back end. Imagine having motion sickness again and being so dizzy to the point that I really want to vomit. Really glad for my Poysian though. It was around 7-8pm when we came back in Baguio. The trip was really tiring to be honest. 

Honestly, the place is like an expectation vs reality for me. Don't get me wrong. The mountain, garden, flower and skies are amazing. Maybe some places are good on the photos instead. Maybe it wasn't the bloom season too. Or maybe because we went there at the wrong time -I was so tired from the trip and also tired of walking since the garden is really huge. There wasn't enough time to sit and just enjoy the nature since again, we are in a hurry to explore everything. 

We didn't know that there is an accommodation at the place. Maybe next time will do that. I also want to experience going there in the early morning for that sea of clouds and ray of sunrise. I also want to just appreciate the place, not in a hurry and just enjoy the nature without the worry of time.

I am planning to go back in Baguio again maybe this year or next year but I won't go here again anytime soon. We were just in a 3d2n trip and it took us almost half day for this side trip which was really draining. It is a good experience to visit here - maybe I'll come back again if ever I'll have more time to explore Baguio. 


Northern Blossom Flower Farm 
Km50 Paoay Sayangan Atok Benguet
09081513368
Open every Monday - Saturday 6AM-11:30AM 1PM-4:30PM
Closed every Sunday
 

0 comments