Affordable Transient in Baguio 2024 (Pines View Transient House)

Last February 2024, we went to Baguio City for a 3d2n trip. If you've been following my blog/Youtube, you might notice that I have that yearly Baguio trip since 2016.  I was planning to go back again last 2020 but pandemic happened. It's been 5 years since I last visited Baguio that is why I am so excited for my trip this 2024.  



I miss the cold weather, food and laid back life in Baguio. I always go back during different months in Baguio because I wanted to experience a difference in weather. 

Baguio Citylocated in the province of Benguet, is known to have a coolly climate because of its geography. It’s basically located in the northern part of the Philippines, up in mountains of Benguet.

Since I've been to Baguio for a lot of times already, I am kind of familiar now with some of the places. For accommodation, I prefer renting a cheap place like transient house since most of the time we'll be out and won't stay that long in the rented place. Although, now it is tricky to find a cheap and safe transient so I prefer to comeback to the place we rented before (2018). 

This is the PINE VIEW TRANSIENT HOUSE located at Balacbac in Baguio - near Marcos Highway. I chose to come back here since the place is like a home, complete with amenities plus the VIEW! 

If you will commute, you can ask the driver to drop you off at Balacbac near Tita Lea's.  


Usual check in time is at 12nn. We arrived at around 6am in Baguio, had our breakfast and had a hard time walking since our bags are really heavy. I pmed the owner was so kind enough to allow us for an early check in. (They also allowed us to check in early in 2018). Please take note that we came on a Sunday morning plus it is not peak season. 
 

The room we initially booked was Unit F (good for 2pax) but was surprised to get an "upgrade" to my preferred unit, UNIT B. This was also the unit that I rented in 2018 since we were a group of 3 that time. 

UNIT B is good for 8-10 pax. This place has 2 rooms (1 facing the balcony and the other one is inside without the windows). 



It also has kitchen, refrigerator, complete utensils, heating pot, mugs, sala set, TV with Netflix, CR with heater, electric fan and free WIFI for the whole unit. The wifi is exclusive for the unit. 





There is also my FAVE BALCONY area in the common area. There is also one balcony in one of the rooms. The view here is so amazing! You can see a sea clouds in the sunrise when you wake up early or see a a lot of stars at night. 



In 2018, I chose the balcony room since it has the best Baguio view! But surprisingly, we opt to sleep at the other room because it was so cold in the balcony room. Also, we want a dark room to sleep at night. 

I really love this place because it is so quiet and peaceful. You can just chill out at balcony and look at the view. 

By the way, here are some my fave balcony photos. 


 


 


During the last day of our stay, we asked them if we can extend for about 4 hours  since we were planning to roam before going back in Manila and it is a hassle to bring around our huge travel bags. They were kind enough to leave or things in the room and come back to get our things at around 3pm. The place is safe so no worries. 


Current rates (as of February 2024): 
1-2 pax (1,500/night) 

Check in at 12nn, check out at 11am. 

You can check out my VLOG here:

By the way, they have a parking area in the transient. For commuters like us, the place is accessible to taxis just in front of the house. Or you can walk going to the Marcos Highway for about 2-3 minutes if there are no taxis around. Place is just 10-15 minutes away from the city. Taxi fares usually ranges from Php100-120 only (no traffic). 

For 3d2n, this place has been our home in Baguio City. This unit is really homey and I like that we have the whole unit/place to ourselves. Definitely recommended. 

0 comments