Baguio Adventure 2018

Finally back in Baguio again last October 11-14, 2018 for a 4d3n trip. If you've been following my blog, you might notice that I have this yearly trip to Baguio ever since 2016. The reason I do this is because I miss the cold weather, food and just the laid back life in Baguio. I also go back to Baguio in different months just because I want to experience different weather here. 
 
Previous BAGUIO BLOGSFeb 2016. Nov 2016. 2017.

I'm almost done with my to-go and to-do bucket list in Baguio so I really a hard time deciding where to go next. Since I came along with 2 of my friends here (yes, I'm a third wheel on this trip haha), they relied on me on this trip. Since we have 4 days in Baguio, we had a lot of time to chill and just relax. Not much rush compared to my usual 3d2n trip. 
 
Baguio City, located in the province of Benguet, is known to have a coolly climate because of its geography. It’s basically located in the northern part of the Philippines, up in mountains of Benguet. 
 

From Manila, travel time took for about 5-6 hours (from Victory Liner, ordinary aircon bus) with 2 stop overs in Tarlac and Pangasinan. It was a Thursday and we departed Manila at 3am and arrived in Baguio at around 8am. 

8am was too early for our check in at 12nn (supposedly) so we decided to have our breakfast at Choco-Late de Batirol in Camp John Hay.  
 
Good thing the transient owners allowed us for an early check in so we immediately went to our transient house after breakfast. 

We checked in at Pine-View Transient House in Balacbac, Baguio - near Marcos Highway. If you commute, you can ask the driver to drop you off at Balacbac near near Tita Lea's before Interior A. There's a signage of the Pine-View on the gate. 
 
  
The room we got is Unit B which is good for 8-10 guests and we're just 3. Complete with kitchen, sala, dining table, refrigerator, TV, restroom and 2 bed rooms, the place is really huge for the 3 of us. There is a balcony on the common area while I also got the balcony room. The overview of Baguio is so amazing here! Won't say much about this transient since I'll be making a separate blog post of the area on the next post HERE. 

We then decided to sleep first since my friends were straight from work to Baguio so we took some nap until 6pm. Then we decided to have our dinner at 50's Diner at Porta Vaga Mall in Session Road.
 
 

After dinner, we stroll along Session Road and waited until the Night Market in Harrison Road opened at around 9pm. Went back to our transient at around 11-12md. 
 
 

During the 2nd day, we had a light breakfast in our transient and went out a little late. For our first stop, we went to explore the Botanical Garden
 
  

After that we went to Stobosa in La Trinidad though I didn't take any photos. Then we walked our way to see the Bell Church. 
 

For our early dinner, we went to Ummason Korean Restaurant in Leonard Wood. Been here last 2016 so I decided to take my friends back here. 
 
 
We went home a little earlier, about 7pm. By the way, the trip going back to our transient was a bit long due to the traffic. Our taxi fare was about Php200+. Anyway, slept earlier since I have really slept well during this day.
 

Hello Day 3! Got a good 10-11 hours of sleep in Baguio and felt energized. We got up early and had our early lunch at Ili-Likha Artist Village in Assumption Road near Session Road. It's really nice to explore this tree house which was made by different artists. 
 
  

Then we went to Bencab Museum at Asin Road. It's been my 2nd time here and at first, I was a bit hesitant to ask the drivers to take us to Bencab Museum since it's a bit far from the city. But it was surprisingly easy to tell the driver to take us here. By the way, I saw Mr. Ben Cabrera and took a selfie with him! Yay! 
  
 
  

We were supposed to go to Laperal House (White House) after but good thing that the driver told us that it's already closed to the public. Been to Laperal House in 2016 and didn't know that it's now closed to the public. So we went at Cafe Yagam instead for a merianda. 
 
 

Then went to the market to buy some pasalubongs and went back to our transient to drop off our things. 
 

Nowhere to go, we went to SM Baguio and back at Session Road again. We just strolled and explore the Session Road and found the 108 Session Road Bar. It's a bar with live acoustic band and we sat in the middle, in front of the singers. haha Since we were waiting for the Harrison Night Market to open, we decided to chill here while eating pizza and drinking iced tea (while all of the people around were drinking beers. haha). Then we just ate street foods at the Night Market until late night. 
 

Woke up late on the 4th and last day in Baguio. It was a SundayWe first decided to have our lunch at Victory Liner but then we met one of my Kiseeeg friend (college barkada) who was in the place. We then came back at Ili-Likha Artist Village for a quick lunch. 
 

Departed Baguio at 1pm and arrived in Manila at around 7-8pm. 
 

4d3n wasn't still enough to really explore everything in Baguio but what I like about this trip is that I was able to really enjoy the place and the restaurant we went to. We were not in a rush and most of the time was searching on the internet for the next place to visit since I have already visited most of the tourists spots in Baguio. I can say that I have crossed out almost ALL of the places I want to to visit here. 

On the last minute, I was a third wheel during this trip. It was uneasy at first. Long trip bus ride without anyone on my side. I wasn't use to traveling this way (drama ko! haha) but every seat feels empty. I really thought that I wouldn't enjoy this trip alone. This trip made me realize that yes, I can do things on my own and just enjoy the moment.
 
By the way, I’ll be posting separate blogs about the food and place experience on the next posts so please stay tuned for that. For the mean time, I'll be putting the Youtube links of my 4-day vlogs below. And if you have any suggestions on what other places and restaurants to go in Baguio, I would highly appreciate that. Thanks for patiently reading! :) 

  
 

0 comments