Affordable Transient in Baguio (2018)

Last October 11-14, 2018, we went to Baguio City for a 4d3n trip. If you've been following my blog, you might notice that I have this yearly trip to Baguio ever since 2016. The reason I do this is because I miss the cold weather, food and just the laid back life in Baguio. I also go back to Baguio in different months just because I want to experience different weather here. 
 
Baguio City, located in the province of Benguet, is known to have a coolly climate because of its geography. It’s basically located in the northern part of the Philippines, up in mountains of Benguet. 

Since I've been to Baguio for several times, I became familiar now with some of the places. For accommodation, I prefer renting a much cheaper place like transient houses since most of the time we'll be out and won't use much of the place. I've been to several transient houses/rooms and I'm glad to have found cheap accommodation over the years. I just noticed whenever I plan to go back to the same transient house, rents were became higher thus I look for another place to stay. This time I found one on the Facebook.

The place we rented this year is called the Pine-View Transient in Balacbac, Baguio - near Marcos Highway. I choose to rent this place since it has great reviews and it's the cheapest and most decent transient I found plus near Marcos Highway. If you commute, you can ask the driver to drop you off at Balacbac near near Tita Lea's before Interior A. There's a signage of the Pine-View on the gate. 

Since we arrived too early in Baguio (around 8am), we took first our breakfast and texted the owner. Usual check in time is at 12nn. Glad they allowed us for early check in. So we head out to the transient at around 11 in the morning. 

The room we got was Unit B which is good for 8-10 guests and we're just 3. The place has 2 rooms (1 facing the balcony and the other one is inside without windows). 
 
It also has a kitchen, refrigerator, complete utensils, pots, mugs, cups, sala set, TV with Netflix, cr with heater,electric fan and WIFI for the whole unit. I've been to different transient and so far, this has the BEST wifi ever since the wifi is located on Unit itself which means the wifi is exclusively for us. It's good for streaming Youtube and other social media. 
 
 
  

There is a balcony on the common area while I also got the balcony room. The overview of Baguio is so amazing here! 
 

I got the balcony room and it has the best view of Baguio! I love the skies so I really enjoyed looking at the balcony most of the time. Both rooms have a huge cabinet for your things. The other room inside has an electric fan but the balcony room didn't have one. I requested for a another electric fan on the balcony room since it was a bit hot during that time. Yes, you can see the sunrise on the balcony room but it tends to got too hot since the sun directly faces the room. It was also bit sunny when we went in Baguio.
 
 

Truly loved the photos of the skies I took at the balcony.
 
  
 
 

Current rates:
1-2 pax (1,200/night) with free breakfast (Unit E,F,D)
3 pax and above (400/head/night) no breakfast || (500/head/night) free breakfast (Unit A,B,C)

Check in at 12nn, check out at 11am

For those who have a car, I believe they have a parking space in the area. For commuters like us, place is accessible to taxis just in front of the house. You can also walk going to Marcos Highway if there's no taxi around. Place is 10-15 minutes away from the city but most of the times it's 15-20 minutes due to the heavy traffic. Our taxi fares usually ranges from Php100-150 going to the city. 
 
For 4 days and 3 nights, this place has been out home in Baguio. The unit is really homey and I like that we have the whole room/place to ourselves. Hopefully, they won't increase their rates that much when I go back in Baguio for a vacay maybe by next year.

  
 

0 comments