Baguio 2019 (Arca's Yard, Ili-Likha Artist Village, Diplomat Hotel, Session Road)

That yearly Baguio trip! Finally back in Baguio again last August 7-9, 2019 for a 3d2n trip. If you've been following my blog, you might notice that I have this yearly trip to Baguio ever since 2016. The reason I do this is because I miss the cold weather, food and just the laid back life in Baguio. I also go back to Baguio in different months just because I want to experience different weather here. Although this time, the real purpose of going back to Baguio is to visit one of my Kiseeeg friend (college barkada) and to also spend time with them.
 
Previous BAGUIO BLOGSFeb 2016Nov 20162017. 2018

Baguio City, located in the province of Benguet, is known to have a coolly climate because of its geography. It’s basically located in the northern part of the Philippines, up in mountains of Benguet. 
 

We departed Manila at 12:15am then arrived in Baguio at 3:58am!
 

It was way too early for the check in so we decided to have an early breakfast at Good Taste Restaurant. I've been to this restaurant in 2012 (also with them) and I remembered that there's always a LONG LINE plus lots of customers that why I refuse to add this to my itinerary during the previous years. But since we were too early in Baguio plus it's 24/7 open, we decided to dine in at Good Taste. 
 
 
Food was affordable (especially when you're in a group) but honestly, food was a little bland for me. 

After having breakfast, we decided to look for a cafe open nearby and spotted the Il Padrino in Session Road that was open at 7am. Had a good coffee at chit-chat with my friends until we decided to drop by at our friend's house after. 
 
  
 

We check in at our transient at the Upper Quezon Hill at around 10am. I don't recommend this place since it was too far for us. The unit has 2 floors, 2 rooms and everything you need is already provided. They have a television with cable, dining area, kitchen, refrigerator, stove, utensils, mugs, cups, FREE WATER, tissue, shampoo, soap, and towels. One room has a double sized bed and the other one has double deck. They also have a sofa bed upstairs. Since I've seen better rooms/transient before, this transient is a so-so for me. We paid around Php4,000 for 3d2n (almost 1k each). Not bad for the price although the location is a little far for us. Plus the room was so basic. 
 
Anyway, right after checking in and resting for a bit, we immediately had our lunch at Arca's Yard. I've been meaning to visit this place before but I find it too far. From out transient at the Upper Quezon Hill, the taxi fare going to Arca's Yard was around Php200! Although, the place is really worth it. Would share the full review of this place on the next blog post. 
 
  
 
  
 
 
After our lunch, we went to different places to run some errands and accompany one of our friend. We also check the Ukay spots in Baguio. Being awake for 24hours+, I didn't have the energy to shop so we actually just accompanied our friend who was looking for shoes. We visited our friend right after and had dinner at their place. At around 9pm, we went to the Harrison Night Market
  

The next day, we first visited the Diplomat Hotel located at Dominican Hill, Diplomat Road, Baguio City. Diplomat Hotel is an old abandoned hotel/building and it is known to be HAUNTED. I've been to this place in 2017 and this is the BEST time to have visit the place. Why? It was raining really hard with winds when we went here and it was really foggy all over the place. If you want an eerie feels to your photos, this is the best time to have a photo shoot. Although, I didn't take much photos because of the weather plus it's really hassle. 
 
 
  
 
  
 
  
   
 
It was really raining too hard and the winds were so strong so we decided to have our lunch/meryenda at Ili-Likha Artist Village in Assumption Road. Went here last year and glad that there's a lot of food spot opened this time.
 
  
 
(Kesong Puti Ice Cream is the BESSSSST!!!! MUST TRY!!!!)
  

Then we went back to SM Baguio, chill and had a coffee. 
 

After that, we went to the Market to buy pasalubong. Bought my favorite strawberries!!! Went home, rest for a while. Foggy nights in Baguio! 
 

At night, we went at the Bohemian Caffe in Session Road to chill, drink and spend the rest of the night.
 

The next day. This photo was taken at around 12nn but feels like 8am! haha 
   

We went back to Manila the next day at 1pm and arrived at 7pm. Hello traffic for 1 hour from SM North to Cubao! haha  Since I've been to Baguio yearly, we didn't get a chance to really roam around the city plus it was also raining so hard. Although it's okay since I've already been a lot of the tourists spots in Baguio. So if you have any suggestions on what other places and restaurants to go in Baguio, I would highly appreciate that. 
 '

You can also check out the clips/vlog I made on my Youtube channel during our stay in Baguio:
 
Thanks for patiently reading! :) 

1 comments