Baguio Foodtrip (150): 50’s Diner

Can’t miss any food trips during my visit in Baguio last August 22, 2017 so for dinner, we went to 50’s Diner located at Military Cutoff Road (there’s another branch at Session Road). 50’s Diner is a famous restaurant in Baguio City known for its American diner feels. It’s always A MUST VISIT restaurant when one visits in Baguio. Since it’s a famous one, there were always a long line whenever I try to come here during my Baguio vacations in the previous years. Glad that this time, I finally had a chance to dine at this place.
  
It’s not my first-time dining at 50’s Diner since I made a visit to their old branch at Gen Luna Road in 2012 before it was transferred. Though it was my first-time dining at this branch.

We went there around 8 or 9pm and there were few customers around. After a few minutes, we had the place all to ourselves! The place was a bit small, can accommodate maybe up to 30-40 customers in a small space. No worries since we were the only people around but can't imagine how things going on when there's a lot of customers around. 
  

Place reminded me of Riverdale series though still I think they need to improve more on the color of the place since I was expecting brighter colors. Though I love the Baguio vibes when we dined here. 
 
   
 

Wasn't able to take a photo of the menu but prices were affordable. 
Here's what we ordered below: 

Chicken Cordon Bleu (Php140)
"Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese fried till golden brown. Served with fries or rice."
 
- Servings were huge and more than enough for me. The chicken was a bit dry and was expecting a more from this. It was okay, nothing special though. 

S/S (Php140)
"Steak and shrimp the cruisers favorites, served w/ fries and vegetables"
 
- The steak was too dry and a bit bland. The shrimp was cooked well and the taste was also okay, nothing special.

Chef Salad (Php95)
 
- I love salads ever and I liked this better than the main dishes we ordered. The vegetables were fresh and crunchy and servings were HUUUUGE! Imagine this big for only Php95. Maybe in Manila, this would cost for more than P15o. 

  
 
  
Glad to finally revisit 50's Diner in Baguio. Place was okay as well as the food. The food was average for me though prices are very affordable. I think this would be my go-to place when I'm on a budget when I come back again in Baguio. Recommended place to go if you want to experience Baguio vintage American feels. :) 

50’s Diner
Located at: 166 Military Cutoff Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
Opens at: 7am – 10:30 PM; Mon - Sun

Phone number: 0939 251 2791

0 comments