FOODTRIP(184): Modan Yaki Marikina

One day after shift, my friend invited me to try this NEW Japanese restaurant in Gil Fernando Ave. This street in Marikina is known for food strip with different restaurants. I was out from my 11PM shift when we decided to visit the newly opened Modan Yaki in Marikina (near Bluewave Mall).
 
The place really looks like a Japanese restaurant. It may seem small from the outside but they have lots of space inside. They also have this Japanese like bar area. 
 
  

Here's the MENU that from their Zomato page:
https://www.zomato.com/manila/modan-yaki-santo-nino-marikina-city/menu#tabtop

Here's what we ordered: 

Tonkotsu Ramen (Php180) 
"Creamy pork broth with chashu, tamago naruto and vegetables" 
  
- The noodles was hard and I kinda like not too hard noodle-type. The broth was a bit bland that I had to add spices and sauce to give it a taste. 

Tantanmen (Php195) 
"Spicy broth, minced pork, bok choy, naruto tamago and sesame seeds" 
 
- Not a fan of spicy foods but I like this one. It has the right amount of spiciness. The broth was really yummy and tasty. 

Gyoza (Php80)  
 
- Tastes okay.

Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the Tonkotsu Ramen but the Tantanmen tastes better! Although the servings were huge and more than enough for me. The price is affordable too! Love the place with its Japanese ambiance. Looking forward to trying out their other dishes! 

Modan Yaki Marikina
Located at: #10 A Gil Fernando Ave. Barangay Sto. Niño Marikina City 1808
Opens at: Mon-Sun 11am - 2am 
Phone number: (02) 738 3475 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/modanyakiunliramen/ 

0 comments