Alive:Lab Cotton Candy Ink BB Cream Review

For years, I've been fond of using BB Cream as my everyday makeup since I find it lightweight and easy to apply. It also gives you that Korean dewy skin or glow which is in trend right now. A few months ago, I came across a Korean brand, Alive:Lab which caters different skincare products and make up. Today, I will share with you a review about their BB cream.
  
Alive:Lab Cotton Candy Ink BB Cream is a natural long-lasting foundation that stays on your skin for along time thus naming it an Ink BB Cream. It claims to have the brightness a foundation of and moisture of a BB cream for that smooth and healthy skin. You can also mix some of their products like the Centella Dressing Powder (good for acne prone skin), Pocket Ball Cushion (for dark circles) or even their Multi Ice Cream (for moisture) depending on your skin type and needs. 
  
*Key Ingredients:
- Zinc Oxide
- Centella Asiatica Extract
- Citrus Unshui Pericarp Extract
- Titanium Dioxide 

Ingredients: water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, ButyleneGlycol, Triethylhexanone, Glycerin, betaine, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10 Dimethicone, Zinc oxide, Butylene Glycol cocoate, Yellow Oxide of Iron, Acrylates.Dimethicone Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, perfume, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propanediol, Red Oxide of Iron, Trihydroxystearin, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Palmitic Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Stearic Acid, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, panthenol, Black Oxide of Iron, Silica Silylate, Retinyl Palmitate , Cochinil cactus fruit extract, Brassica napus extract, Citrus Unshiu Pericarp Extract, Hypochaeris radicata L.extract, Trichosanthes Kirilowii Fruit Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Lauric Acid, Myristic Acid ,tocopherol

It comes in a  orange plastic tube. It's easy to use as you can control how the amount of product you use by squeezing. I believe it only has 1 shade only which is very light on my skin tone. There is a minimal fruity scent to it. 
 
 
Volume is 40 ml and priced for 20,000 won or Php 966.94 or $18.73.
The consistency is very runny and has a semi matte finish. It has a light to medium coverage. 
 

How to use: Since the shade is very light for me, I only use 2-3 pea size amount on my finger and dab it on my face. Though usually, I mix a darker foundation along with this one for that perfect shade. I use sponge for application. 
 
 

Review/Result:
Finish
 
After 8 hours:
 
After 14 hours:
 

Watch my video review on my Youtube Channel below:
 
 
For 1-2 months, I use this BB cream for my everyday makeup.  I love it instantly brightens and lightens my skin. It has a light to medium coverage thus I only use minimal concealer for my blemishes.The packaging as it perfectly fit my kikay kit since it's easy to bring around. It is light weight and has a semi matte finish which is good for oily skin type like mine. After 3-4 hours, oil starts to build up on my T-zone and gives a dewy look. After my 8 hour shift, my t-zone area looks so oily and I had to use a tissue to wipe of the excess oil. I maximized the use of this BB cream in 14 hours and still looks okay in an air conditioned environment. Though with the heat now in the Philippines (Summer), I do suggest using a good primer for this one to make the product last longer. I tried using this when I went out and with the heat this Summer, I had to retouch after 4-5 hours.  This may still last for up to 10-12 hours. Not bad though. One of the downside is the price point which is a bit expensive for me given the amount. Also, the shade is TOO LIGHT for my complexion. At times, I either had to use a little product for my whole face or mix it with the darker foundation that I have. Hoping that they'll have darker shades or more shades to choose from. 
 
 
Cotton Candy Ink BB Cream  is available at Alive:Lab. For more info, you may contact them below:
Site || Facebook || Instagram

Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Alive:Lab. I'm not paid to make this review and the product was sent for me to try. My reviews are based on my own experience so keep in mind that while a product may work for me, it may or may not necessarily work for you. I do hope you find my review helpful since all my reviews are 100% honest.

How about you? Have you tried this one? Or any recommendations you like to share? Pls don't hesitate to leave your comments down below. Hope to hear from you. :) Thanks for reading :)  

0 comments