How I Got Lighter Skin with Silka Green Papaya (Review)

It's been a while since I last reviewed a whitening soap and now I'm finally back. A few weeks ago, I got to try one of the whitening product of SILKA which is a household brand name for whitening here in the Philippines.
 
Silka Premium is a beauty and skincare brand owned and operated by Cosmetique Asia Corporation. Since its inception in 2001, Silka has been creating superior line of affordable and effective products that help consumers achieve lighter complexion and smoother skin naturally. Currently, Silka is the country's leading brand in its category  

Before I get started, I just want to share with you WHY I WANT TO WHITEN MY SKIN? 
I was already born with a fair skin tone but when I was in high school, my skin started to breakout due to hormonal changes thus I started using different anti-acne products at an early age. These products usually sheds of the layers of the skin thus making my facial tone whiter than the rest of my body. It got prominent when I was in college (I started to noticed it with flash photography) but I just ignored it. By the time I graduated collage, the face becomes more whiter than my body thus making me feel self conscious most of the time. By 2012, I started to use whitening soap for my body until 2015 or 2016. My goal is to hopefully even out my body tone. Now that I've almost achieve that, my goal now is to lighten the dark spots on my body such as the elbows and knees. 

So here are the TIPS on how to LIGHTEN or MAINTAIN A WHITER SKIN:

1. The basic of all, use a WHITENING SOAP.  
I think this one of the most affordable and accessible way to whiten the skin. You can easily buy whitening soaps in the market, drugstores, malls or even sari - sari stores. I know there are A LOT of different whitening soaps in the market and you may ask me, what is the BEST WHITENING SOAP I can recommend? The answer is: ALL OF THE WHITENING SOAPS I TRIED ARE EFFECTIVE and gives PERMANENT RESULT!!! My basis for choosing what soaps to recommend is: the price, the availability and the longevity of the soap. I've already made a video of my TOP AND RECOMMENDED WHITENING PRODUCTS OF 2017 and 2019 here:

2. Look for the ingredients: Glutathione, Kojic Acid, Alpha Arbutin, Glycolic Acid and Vitamin C in any whitening product you will try. 

3. Avoid sun exposure. 

4. Use sunscreen to protect the skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays. 
Using a sunscreen doesn't mean you won't get tan. When exposed to the sun, our skin produces melanin which makes the skin darker. It's useless to use a whitening product without any protection from the sun. 

5. You can use an umbrella when going out or avoid wearing revealing clothes such as shorts, sleeveless as much as possible.  

I must admit. Lately, I've been EXPOSED to the sun a lot since I'm using Angkas (motorcycle) most of the time when going to work. That why using a WHITENING SOAP everyday is a MUST for me. Today, I got to try a whitening product which made me so intrigued 'coz it's not the typical whitening soap I have tried. 

This is the SILKA GREEN PAPAYA WHITENING HERBAL SOAP which I've tried for 2 weeks. It has GREEN PAPAYA enzymes that helps eliminate dead skin cells for a clearer and smoother skin. It also has Vitamin E as an antioxidant and makes the skin smooth. It also has D-PANTHENOL is like a moisturizer which reduces skin itching and inflammation white enhancing the skin's hydration. This product can help to whiten and cleanse the skin at the same time. 
 
The main claim of this soap is it helps to whiten the skin without the irritation, dryness or stinging that can be caused by other usual whitening soaps. They claim that in as early as just 7 days, one can achieve a convenient way to a fair skin tone. 

Ingredients: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Parfum, Panthenol, Papain, Etidronic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate,CI 11680, CI 74260

Packaging comes in a green box while the soap itself is huge and color green. Totally love the citrus papaya scent it has and the scent really stays on your skin and even in the bathroom! I that scent very relaxing. 
 
 
 

Weight: 135g Price: Php 43.50 (Get it for FREE only at Sample Room HERE) 

How to Use: You can use this daily (face and body). Personally, I used this 2 times a day for 2 weeks. 
 

Results: 

My Thoughts:
I maybe fair now but I still have dark spots like my elbows and knees. Also, my face still a little fairer than the rest of my body. I know the Silka Papaya Soap has been on the market for years but honestly, it's my first time to hear that they have a GREEN PAPAYA variant 'coz I always see their Orange papaya ones. When it comes to whitening, most of the whitening soaps I've tried have a stinging sensation and sometimes irritates my skin and makes my skin dry. That's why when I first used this SILKA PAPAYA GREEN SOAP, I am truly amazed on how LIGHTWEIGHT and MOISTURIZED my skin is after taking a bath. It is truly MILD WHITENING SOAP which won't irritate or make you skin dry while still making your skin brighter. I noticed that my body tone became brighter and my glow is finally back! It also made my elbow and knees a little lighter than usual. I think using this product for months would really help me achieve a more whiter and brighter skin. Love that my skin achieve #HappyWhiteWeeksary from #AlagangSilka! 

I dare you guys to try this for a week and let me know your thoughts below. 
 
By the way, I got the Silka Green Papaya Herbal Whitening product for FREE and you can also get yours for FREE only at Sample Room Ph. Check the link HERE to know more! Again, thank you Sample Room Ph! 😊 
 

1 comments