Where To Go in Baguio: Baguio Botanical Garden

Last October 11-14, 2018, we went to Baguio City for a 4d3n trip. If you've been following my blog, you might notice that I have this yearly trip to Baguio ever since 2016. The reason I do this is because I miss the cold weather, food and just the laid back life in Baguio. I also go back to Baguio in different months just because I want to experience different weather here. 
 
During our 2nd day, we went to the Baguio Botanical Garden and explored the place. I first went to this place in 2012 but can't exactly remember what we did here. It was raining when I first went here and we just chill inside a nipa hut can't even remember if we explored the place. 

The Baguio Botanical Garden is one of the famous tourist spots in Baguio. This place is perfect for those who wants to explore nature. FREE entrance though. You can see the Igorots at the main entrance. It's now different from the last time I visited here as they now have Police corner on the entrance, stores and a spiral trail at the entrance. 
 

This place is really huge as you have to walk and walk and just walk to explore the whole place. 
 
Flowers and more flowers! I just love taking photos of them. 
 
 
 
 
There are different landscapes that mimics different famous international places such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Chinese Temples, Japanese Shrine, Korean park, etc. Theses structures wasn't there yet when I first visited it in 2012 (or maybe I haven't remembered?). 
 
 
  
  
The highlight of the visit here is when we explored the Underground Tunnel. Outside, you can see the Japanese Shrine that leads you to the underground tunnel. It exits to the Outlook Drive, the Presidential Mansion, and Barangay Pacdal which I honestly don't know where. No guard outside the tunnel, we bravely entered. 
 
I was the first one to go and we walk a straight path and turned left and walk straight again. The path was going in turned to be slippery and wet. I thought that the path was just in circles until I realized that the cave's path all look the same. Fearing we might get lost, on the 3rd turn, we decided to come back the same way we entered. We we're just 3 when we entered and if ever something happens, maybe no one will hear us, that's what we think. The place is really creepy!!! (much creepier than the Diplomat Hotel and Laperal White House). 

After our creepy experience at the Underground Tunnel, we explore more places at the Botanical Garden. We even went to the upper part of the garden with semi-bridges wherein no one was really around. The path was so steep and we thought that there's an exit. We had to go down again and exit and the same entrance. 

 

I really had a great time exploring the Botanical Garden though I got so tired with all the long walks. If you really want to explore the place, this is not advisable for the elderly or children. 

 
Baguio Botanical Garden
Located at: 37 Leonard Wood Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
Opens at: Monday - Sunday; 6am - 6pm
 
  
 
 

0 comments