Where To Eat in Baguio: Choco-Late De Batirol

Last October 11-14, 2018, we went to Baguio City for a 4d3n trip. If you've been following my blog, you might notice that I have this yearly trip to Baguio ever since 2016. The reason I do this is because I miss the cold weather, food and just the laid back life in Baguio. I also go back to Baguio in different months just because I want to experience different weather here. 

During our first day in Baguio, we arrived earlier than expected. At 8am, we decided to have our breakfast at Choco-Late de Batirol while we wait for our check in time. I've been here in 2016 and it was a good dining experience for me so I decided to take my friends here for breakfast. 
 
Choco-Late de Batirol is one the best garden-themed restaurants in Baguio City. Located inside Camp John Hay, they are mostly known for their hot chocolate which is made from local cacao beans. They actually use a “batirol” to mix the drink and to make it thick.

Since it's still early, there wasn't much customers around and we even had a chance to choose where to seat. The place is really nice as they have an indoor and outdoor nature set up. We chose to dine in inside. 
 
 
 
 

We met 2 ginger cats when we were there. They're very friendly and was patiently waiting for us to feed them. According to the staff, these were just stray cats who always roam around the place. Being cat lover, we petted them while waiting for our foods. 
  

Here's the MENU: (Click to enlarge)
  

Here's what we ordered:

Tocino Pork (Php210)
 

Boneless Daing Bangus (Php205)
 

Traditional Blend (Php105) 
 

Food served where good and nothing special as well as the batirol. Servings were a bit small and we find it TOO PRICEY. I guess what we really paid for is the place, ambiance and name. I've been here in 2016 and I I have the same views as of 2018. It's definitely a nice place but not sure if I'll come back here again since it's really pricey for us. Good ambiance and dining experience though. 

 
Choco-Late de Batirol 
Located at: Igorot Garden, Camp John Hay, Baguio City, Benguet, Philippines 
Opens at: Mon-Thurs 9am-8pm; Fri 9am-9pm; Sat & Sun 9am-10pm 
Phone num: 0917 877 1427 to 28 
Site: http://chocolatedebatirol.com/

 
 
 
 

0 comments