FOODTRIP(83): Drei's Modern Day Cuisine

Say hello to one of the newest food spots in Marikina, Drei’s Modern Day Cuisine located along Rainbow St. in Marikina.
 

Drei’s Modern Day Cuisine serves Filipino foods with a modern twist. They just opened last January 2016.

Place isn’t that hard to find since the route of SSS jeepneys and fx pass by this place. From Cubao, Katipunan or Marikina, ride a jeepney or fx going to SSS. One of the landmarks near the place is Puregold (Bay Three/Tree). They are 1-2 blocks away, on your right side. I’m not really good at explaining with this but I’ll just provide a screenshot of the map. :)



We went there around lunch and we were the only customers that time (**Trivia: bet ko talaga pumunta pag onti tao sa restau/food spots para mapicturan ko maayos ung place haha).

You will be welcomed this menu placed outside.



Entering,you can see that they have lots of tables and chairs outside with their logo on the wall.


Then a mini garden will welcome you on upon entering the place.


Look at this very nice corner in the garden area. If only it wasn’t that hot that time, I would want to dine at this area. Parang ang sarap tumambay and kumain dyan while just appreciating the place. I really like the ambiance of the place.

I like this artistic doors a lot!


But wait there’s more!!!

On the other side of the door is the indoor aircon area. This area has lots of paper cranes designed on the ceiling, while food and garden decors are designed on the walls. The area is very spacious too!




Upon sitting, the menu was handed to us by one of their very nice staff (**Kuya sorry I forgot your name huhu :((). He was very approachable and accommodating to our needs.

Here’s the menu:(click the photo to enlarge)


 
 

Here’s what we ordered:


Lumpiang Sisig (Php 160)
“Pork sisig wrapped in lumpia wrapper with cheddar cheese dipped in tartar sauce”
- This was supposed to be an appetizer but I ate it with a rice. Haha The pork sisig in lumpia wrapher together with the cheese was very new to me. As a cheese lover, yep, I did like this dish a lot!! It was different but delicious for me. They even gave us huge amount of servings for 5 Lumpiang Sisig and for the price of Php160. It was very “sulit” for me. Good for sharing though.


Crispy Kare Kare (single with rice - Php185, sharing no rice - Php300)
“Crispy Pork Belly in Kare Kare sauce served with vegetable and bagoong”
- We go the single serving for this dish for Php185. I find their Kare Kare very yummy and I liked that I tasted the “peanut” flavor well. I liked that the crispy pork was very crunchy too.


Barako Brulee (Php150)
“Creme brulee with the hint of coffee”
- Again, another new flavor to my taste. As a coffee lover and a non sweet tooth, I find this creme brulee PERFECT for my taste. Smooth, creamy and not too sweet. It’s just that this Barako Brulee lack that coffee/Barako flavor as I wasn’t able to taste that well.


Iced Cafe Latte (Php100)
- Very creamy and milky. I wasn’t able to taste the coffee well but I like that their Iced Cafe Latte has the right amount of sweetness for me.


After that, I met the owner, Ms. Amy Coronel who was very nice and kind to us. Grabe bait nya! :) Sayang I wasn’t able to meet her daughter, Ms. Darmie that time. She texted me though and she’s so sweet. :) Hope to meet her when I come back on their place. :)

I liked the place a lot since it’s so perfect for long tambay. Very cozy and has a nice ambiance. While the foods we ate were also really superb! Will definitely come back since they have more dishes I wanna try. (**super busog na kasi after we ate. Di na kasya sa tyan. Haha). And the owners are very nice, that adds up kaya I really wanna comeback :)Totally recommended and will bring more friends next time para more foods to try na din :)




Drei’s Modern Day Cuisine
Located at: 51 Katipunan St., Concepcion Uno Marikina City
Phone num: 246 9069 ext 565
Opens at: 11AM-11PM
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dreiscuisine


Drei's Modern Day Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comments