FOODTRIP(127): Sachi

Looking for a good place to eat at Gateway Mall in Cubao, we came across this Japanese restaurant named Sachi. I always just pass by this restaurant lots of times whenever I'm in Gateway Mall since I thought the place looks expensive. But I was so wrong. Haha Checked their menu prices prior to dining and finally decided to try here for dinner. 
Place may look a bit gloomy but it was spacious and comfy. It is a Japanese restaurant but I think they still need more Japanese decor to attract more customers. The sounds played were Western songs so I think Japanese songs would suit more for this Jap restaurant feels. 

Menu from their Zomato account below: 
(https://www.zomato.com/manila/sachi-cubao-quezon-city/menu)
Surprisingly, prices on their menu were affordable and just within my budget. Haha 

Anyway, here's what we ordered: 

Bento box which I prices I already forgot. Here's my bento box which I really like. The chicken or katsudon was a bit bland for my taste. The tofu along side was so perfect because it was very soft and it perfectly melts in my mouth. Also I love the veggies rolled with a crabstick and mayo. 

The other bento includes onion rings, prawn, chicken/pork, veggies and tofu, The taste was quite okay, very average. 

Crispy Squid (Php219) 
"Crisp squid slices with sweet spicy ginger sauce" 
- The squid was so hard to chew. The tofu was okay. I like the sweet and spicy taste though. 

Overall, I think my Sachi Japanese restaurant experience was quite okay. Dishes served to us tastes good but I was still looking for that authentic Japanese taste. Also, I think they should improve on the ambiance as it lacks that Japanese feels.


Sachi Gateway 
Located at: GF Gateway Mall, Araneta Center Cubao Quezon City 
Opens at: Mon-Sun, 10AM-11PM 
Phone Num: 9112848; 4213410
Sachi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments