REVIEW(S): Maybelline Creamy Matte: Touch of Spice ✘ Divine Wine

If you've been reading my blog for years or even knew me personally, you'll know that I never purchased any lipsticks ever. Not really a fan of lipstick because I thought it easily transfers and I just don't wanna retouch my lips every single time. 
 

A few weeks ago, I badly got curious with the Maybelline's Creamy Matte line especially the brown nudes one. So when I was browsing at the beautymnl website, I came across the Maybelline Creamy Matte page which were on SALE and surprisingly found that the famous Touch of Spice were now available for purchase on the site. Fear of wasting that opportunity, I quickly add the Touch of Spice on my beautymnl bag and purchase that lipstick along with other products from the site. Hence, my first lipstick purchase ever!!! The Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice haha 

Curious to use it, I tried wearing it when I went out a few days after I purchased it and just WOW!! I was very well impressed with the product. So when I went to Watsons a week after, went to their Maybelline counter and was supposedly planned to hoard the Touch of Spice shade. When suddenly I came across another famous shade which were always out of stock, the Divine Wine. At first, I was a bit hesitant since the color was so red and I'm unsure if I can pull off that shade. So I tested it out on my lips first and guess what.. it suits me well!! Yay!! So bought the Divine Wine instead. Sorry for the long intro haha So let's get started. 

Maybelline Creamy Matte Line were launched in the Philippines in 2014 I believe. Since matte are now in, this line is now one of the best drugstore lipsticks in the market since it is matte, creamy and affordable. 

Product Info: "Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color. Creamy matte finish lip makeup available in gorgeous hues. Achieve beautiful looking lips in just moments." 
Source: www.maybelline.com 

Packaging: Comes in this dark purple matte cap. Shade codes are seen on the buttom part.  
(click photo to enlarge)
 
  

Price: Php 199 sale price for the Touch of Spice purchased at beautymnl || around Php224 sale price for the Divine Wine bought at Watsons || Both are originally sold at Php299 

Scent: Scent is pretty much smell like a normal lipstick (If you know what I mean) 

Texture: Creamy, buttery texture and matte. Easily glides well in the lips, very hydrating with a matte finish. 

How To Use: 
1. Apply lipstick in the center of your upper lip and follow the contours of your mouth 
2. Glide the lipstick across the entire bottom lip. 

Swatches: (click photo to enlarge)
 
 

Review: (click photo to enlarge)
 
Longevity: I was able to stretch the product for 7 hours and I am very well impressed. It does transfer but both are long lasting and just a bit of touch ups are required usually after eating or drinking a lot. 

Video review on my Youtube channel below:

Pros: 
- Creamy 
- Hydrating 
- Glides well in the lips 
- Long lasting 
- Affordable 
- Matte finish 

Cons: 
- It transfers 
- Both shades are hard to find or always out of stock

Verdict: Overall, I was highly impressed with line of lipsticks from Maybelline. I the love matte but non drying finish it gives off. Even though the lipstick transfers on food, glass, etc., I still like I don't need that much retouching after a few hours of wearing this product. Definitely a good 1st lipstick purchase for me. Highly highly recommended and of course, will definitely buy again! :)

0 comments