BEST TONER PADS! Stridex Maximum 2% Salicylic Acid

I have an oily, acne skin and as you all know I've been battling with this kind of skin since I was a teenager. I always wanted a clear and smooth skin but it never really happen since my teenage years. I also do have a sensitive skin making it hard to for me to try skincare products at the same time. So for years, I've been looking and trying out different products to help my troubled skin. 
 
My skin got better the fast few years but since October 2020 - my skin started to have breakouts again (maybe because of the mask) thus I am again, looking for the BEST products to control my acne skin. I recently discovered this product from the US and gladly, I took the risk and bought this one. This is the only toner pads I use since December 2020. 

This is the STRIDEX MAXIMUM PADS that contains 2% SALICYLIC ACID. It has the highest level of acne-fighting medicine allowed without a prescription. This is recommended for moderate cases of acne. 
- Alcohol free
- Removes dirt, oil, sweat and other impurities
- Penetrates deep down the skin to unclog pores
- Dissolves deep down oil
- Help prevent new pimples from forming

Active Ingredient: Salicylic acid 2.0% 
Inactive Ingredients: *Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, *fragrance, *menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

WHAT IS SALICYLIC ACID?
It is a beta hydroxy acid known for reducing acne by exfoliating the skin and keeping pores clear. It penetrates into your skin and works to dissolve the dead skin cells clogging your pores. It can take several weeks of use for you to see its full effect.

It comes in a red box packaging and you can clearly read the information of this product. It comes in a sturdy tub. I got the 55 pads packaging (they also have 90 pads) and each pad is soaked well. 

HOW IT FEELS ON THE SKIN?
There is a slight tingling sensation on the skin with first few uses. But after a few weeks of use, the tingling sensation lessen over time. My skin also felt dry for the first 1-2 hours. 

HOW I USE IT?
Since I find 1 pad too much for my whole skin, I cut 1 pad into 4 parts - each tiny pad is already enough to cover the whole face.t first I used it once a day, every other day. After a week or so, I used it from once a day to 2x a everyday (day & night). Been using this along with the Cosrx AC Collection Mild Cleansing Foam (also has Salicylic Acid) and my breakouts were lessen since then, 


RESULTS: 

Been using this since December 2020 (today is April 2021, with 4 months of use) and I can say that this product EFFFECTIVELY lessen my pimple breakouts. Since last October 2020, my pimple breakouts are starting to get worst that is why I was looking for the best products to treat and prevent my acne. That time, I got a lot of pimples on the right side of the face and it wasn't stopping. I got 3-4 pimples growing on the same area. Good thing, a friend from Instagram suggested this product. I was a little skeptical at first it was my first time hearing of this product. It was brand from the US and in the Philippines, Korean skincare products are more popular. After reading the review, I finally decided to order this one (even if it was a little expensive for a product I am not sure if it'll work). 

During the first week of use, I find that it was too drying for my skin thus using it every other day. Then I observed if my skin will get better or not. Glady, I didn't got new pimples that time. Until my skin got used to this that that's when I started to use it once everyday to twice everyday (day and night).

Although my skin still looks worst cause of the red pimple marks, hyperpigmentation and blemishes -my skin is way better compared to last year. I only got 2-3 pimps before the time of the month, maybe small pimples that fades after 4-5 days. 

By the way, I also use other anti-pimple treatment along with this such as the Cosrx AC Collection Mild Cleansing Foam for my cleanser and Pimple patches to control the oil or drain the pimples once it pops. Will share more of that on my next blog posts. 
Overall, I find this product HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for someone with the same skin - oily, acne prone and sensitive skin. You just have to find the right products to make it work well. Totally recommended! 

WHERE I GOT IT: Can't find the exact name of the shop but I got in on Shopee

Check out my Youtube channel for the video review:

0 comments