REVIEW(S): April Skin Magic Snow Fixing Foundation - HG Foundie for Oily Skin

April Skin is a Korean makeup and skincare brand that became popular a year ago. They actually have lots of most raved products in the market like their April Skin Cushion and Magic Stone. And now comes this April Skin Magic Snow Fixing Foundation. 
 

When I first saw this one, I was so in loooove! Just look at that sleek and rose gold packaging. (Totally in love with rose gold color nowadays). Besides from the packaging, also been hearing lots of positive feedback from this cushion so I got really excited to try and review this baby. :) 

Product Info: This April Skin Magic Snow Fixing Foundation is a cushion compact that provides full matte coverage for that flawless finish and easy touch-up on-the-go. 
Even though it provides full matte coverage, this cushion is very light weight that just looks and feels like your skin. It perfect for oily skin (like mine) as it helps controls oiliness that keeps your makeup fresh all day long. It also provides sunscreen protection SPF30/PA++. 

**Pls don't be confused with the other April Skin Cushion which is also in pink color. The other one is the shiny pink version which is for tone correcting. 

It's main ingredients are all natural which are: 
*Green Tea Leaf Water (Rich antioxidants that protects skin from damaging and decreases appearance of wrinkles) 
*Jeju Cherry Blossom Extracts (Keeps skin moisturized and radiant) 
*Camellia Japonica Flower Extract (Antioxidant properties of Camellia extract prevents skin-aging) 

Packaging: Comes in this rose colored box with a sticker at the back part for authenticity. (click the photo to enlarge)
 
While the cushion comes in this rose gold color which I really really love. Very dainty. 
 
It also has this mesh net which is very different from the usual cushion I see. This mesh filter ensures even application. 
A pink cute puff in also included:
 

Shades: It comes in 3 shades. I got the #21 Light Beige shade. 
Weight: 15g 

Price: Pls ask Cheska's Store for the price

Scent: Powdery scent

Consistency: More liquidy or watery than cream or the April Skin Cushion (Black/White). When spread or applied on the skin, it becomes powdery or matte.

Coverage: Medium to Full, buildable; it can cover my pimple marks, imperfections and uneven skin tone.
(Pls excuse my current skin condition. Had lots of pimple breakouts lately T.T )
  

How To Use: 
1. Remove translucent film from mirror 
2. Open the lid and remove protective firm 
3. Gently press cushion using a provided puff 
4. Light pat the puff on skin 

Review: I road tested this April Skin Snow Fixing Foundation and below is my review: 

@2PM 
- This is my final look for the April Skin Snow Fixing Foundation. For the application, I use the cushion to spread the product on my face then used beauty blender to even out the foundation. Personally, I like to use the beauty blender better as I find that I can control the product with this one compared to the cushion. Pls also take note that I used Quick Fx No Shine Mattifier as a primer and Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Foundation as the finishing powder. - I like that I don't need much concealer to hide my imperfections. - The finish was very matte and satin. It was not sticky nor heavy on my face. 

@7PM (After 5 hours) 
- Already rode a public vehicle, roam around the mall, ate dinner then met up with some friends. As you can see, there were minimal/almost non existent oil on my t-zone area. My face still looks matte and fresh. 
@9PM (7hours) 
- Oil already starts to build up on my tzone especially the nose but it's still manageable. It just looks dewy in a good way. I asked few of my friends if my face already looks oily but they never noticed that I'm already starting to build up oil. They were actually quite surprised that I had this makeup since 2pm. 

@12AM (10hours) 
- Walked and commuted going home. Noticeable oil can already be seen on my t-zone area and it started to feel sticky on my skin. Reasonable since it's been 10 hours already since I put the April Skin Snow Fixing Foundation on my face. 

Pros: 
- Excellent oil control 
- Matte finish 
- Flawless coverage 
- Feels lightweight on the skin 
- Evens out skin tone 
- Non cakey 
- Love the matte rose pink packaging 
- Was able to start building up oil after 7 hours (was able to stretch the foundation up to 10 hours before I felt really oily) 
- Perfect for oily skin like me 

Cons: 
- Pricey for a foundation/cushion 

Verdict: After road testing this product for a day, I was very surprised that this foundation was able to control the oiliness of my face. 
First of all, I do have an oily and acne prone skin. For my blemishes, imperfections and blemishes, this foundation was able to cover it all though I still need a bit of concealer just to be sure. (I believe that if you have a good skin, you won't actually need a concealer). 
Coverage was good as you can go for medium to full coverage. I prefer to use the beauty blender to even out the foundation on my face. Also I can control the coverage more by using the beauty blender. 
For oily skin, better to use a good primer and finishing powder for a matte and long lasting finish.
For dry skin, use a moisturizer first before using this foundation.
Oil starts to build up after 7 hours (minimal/non noticeable oil build up) which I'm impressed. I usually oil up after 3 hours so I'm quite impressed with this product. Was able to stretch the product for 10 hours without any retouch. Though a touch is already a must after 10 hours. 


Overall, I'm HIGHLY IMPRESSED with this foundation and this is totally RECOMMENDED FOR OILY SKIN like me. 
**A good primer and finishing powder is a must for better results and longevity of the foundation.


April Skin Magic Snow Fixing Foundation is available at Cheska's Store. For more info, you may contact them here: 
Facebook: http://facebook.com/cheskasstore 
Website: http://cheskasstore.net 
IG: @cheskasstore 
Email: cheskasstore@yahoo.com 
Contact num: 0916 582 8800 

Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Cheska's Store. I'm not paid to make this review and the product was sent for me to try. My reviews are based on my own experience so keep in mind that while a product may work for me, it may or may not necessarily work for you. I do hope you find my review helpful since all my reviews are 100% honest.

How about you? Have you tried this one? Or any recommendations you like to share? Pls don't hesitate to leave your comments down below. Hope to hear from you. :) Thanks for reading :)

0 comments