FOODTRIP(91): Mi Dai Korean Restaurant

Anneyeong! Hello to another newly opened Korean restaurant in Marikina. Located at Rainbow St., just a few steps from Lilac St., is Mi Dai Korean Restaurant
 

I'm not quite sure with this but the place was formerly a part of Casa Feliz restaurant turned into a Korean restaurant. (**Casa Feliz is still there, beside Mi Dai) 

The place is very spacious with lots of tables to accommodate more customers. Design was very simple though I'm looking for a more Korean vibe decors. Though this is a non air con place, the electric fans were good enough despite the humid weather we have. 

Btw, here's the menu that they have. 

Of course, we ordered their Pork Unlimited Samgyeopsal that includes unlimited veggies, iced tea, rice and soup plus 1 Melona Ice Cream ALL for Php290 per person ONLY!!! 

Pork Samgyeopsal 

- At first I thought that we overcooked the pork since it was a bit tough and hard to chew. So we grilled another one and made sure it wasn't overcooked. But even though we carefully watched our grilled meat, it was still hard to chew. 

Soup 
- According to one of the staff, this is a Miso soup. But I dunno why there was a cucumber included. It actually made the taste a bit bland. The tofu was okay but I was looking for that a tofu that is very soft and just melts on your mouth. This one doesn't. 

Banchan 
    
- The veggies or banchan included were okay for me. For the red paste, I was looking for a more flavorful taste since I want something with a little kick for my wrap. 
- The lettuce included doesn't looked so fresh as it was a bit soggy. 

Melona 

- So this was the highlight food for me since I was really able to enjoy this one. At that time, there were only 2 flavors available, melon and strawberry. I enjoyed my strawberry Melona but I think the melon flavor was way better. 

Iced Tea

I know that there are mostly positive reviews on this restaurant but I just wanna be honest with my experience. 

When it comes to the quantity of foods served, it's a super sulit meal for the unlimited everything priced for Php290/person. Just wow for the price given the quantity. But quality wise, I think they are still lacking more when it comes to the pork used, the lettuce which was a bit soggy, the red tomato paste needs more flavor, and the soup was a bit bland. Though, I still wanna try their other Korean dishes in the future. 

Kudos to the staffs which were very attentive to our needs and the refills. They were very approachable too. Overall, it's a very nice Korean restaurant in Marikina. If you want an unlimited samgyeopsal, veggies, soup, rice, iced tea with 1 Melona ice cream, this place is recommended. 

Mi Dai Korean Restaurant 
Located at: 95 Rainbow St. SSS Village Marikina City 
Opens at: 11AM - 10PM 
Phone number: 09998070089 
Facebook: http://facebook.com/Mi-Dai-Korean-Restaurant
Mi Dai Korean Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments