Baguio 2024 (Birthday Baguio Trip)

Finally back with that Baguio trip! I remembered having that yearly Baguio trip since 2016.  I was planning to go back again last 2020 but pandemic happened. It's been 5 years since I last visited Baguio that is why I am so excited for my trip this 2024.


If you've been following me or this blog for years, you might notice my yearly Baguio visits since I miss the cold weather, food and laid back life in Baguio. I always go back during different months in Baguio because I wanted to experience a difference in weather. 

Back again in Baguio last Feb 4-6, 2024 for my 35th Birthday. Yes! I am no 35y/o. Haha 

Previous BAGUIO BLOGS. Feb 2016. Nov. 2016. 2017. 2018. 2019. 

Baguio Citylocated in the province of Benguet, is known to have a coolly climate because of its geography. It’s basically located in the northern part of the Philippines, up in mountains of Benguet.

A month prior to the trip, I booked the tickets at Victory Liner online. I chose the new ROYAL BUS or the Sleeper bus. Since I came from duty that day, I was planning to sleep while on the trip. 


We departed Manila at 2:15 AM. The sleeper bus was spacious enough for me to sleep well as you can choose to fully reclined the seat. A free water, empanda and of course, a blanket was also given (you can keep this one). The seat has a charging port, spacious leg room, and privacy curtains. I had a good sleep during the whole trip. Woke up once only (when we were on the zigzag road). The next thing I know, you were already in Baguio. I think we arrived at around 5:30-6AM. 

It was way too early for the check in time so we decided to walk and have breakfast at Session Road. We had breakfast at Visco's Restaurant and Cake Shop at Session Road. I've been to Baguio a lot of times but it is my FIRST TIME to try the STRAWBERRY CAKE here. It was so delicious!! I don't like  sweet cakes and this one fits my taste.


 

At around 9am, we had an early check in at our transient in PINE VIEW TRANSIENT located at Balacbac near Marcos Highway. I've also booked this place in 2018 (HERE) and I really liked here that is why I booked it again this 2024. We got the Unit B which has a nice Baguio view at the balcony. Will do a separate review again of this place on my next post. 




Anyway, right after checking in, we rested until 2pm. At around 2pm, we went for a walk at the Botanical Garden. Again, I've been to this place for quite a few times and I just miss here. The garden really relaxing for me. Will share more of this too on my next blog post. 



We had our dinner at 50's Diner at the Military Cut Off road branch. I miss this place and I know that not many go here anymore that I why I chose this place. The food is surprisingly STILL AFFORDABLE but the food quality is just okay. We went home right after eating.

At night, we just chill at the balcony of our transient while looking at the stars. We slept at around 9-10pm. 

We planned to go to the Northern Blossom Flower Farm early in the morning but sadly got up late. We woke up at around 6-7am instead. So we decided to have breakfast first at Seollem Cafe in Kennon Road. 



The place had that Korean vibes to it. Very quiet and relaxing too. There are a lot of Koreans here too. The food is good but a little pricey in my opinion. 

After our late breakfast, we went immediately at the Dangwa Terminal to ride a van going to Atok, Benguet. We were there at around 11:30am but the van only departed at 1pm. Imagine waiting inside the van for 1 1/2 hour without the aircon. Honestly, the waiting was so tiring and draining already. Anyway, the trip going to the Northern Blossom Flower Farm was about 2 hours. 

We arrived at around 3pm and immediately went on our adventure at this flower farm. The view is majestic and relaxing. The farm is really huge. Walking here can be a little but tiring. I'll also be sharing a different blog post of this. 






We went back to Baguio via van at around 5pm already. Arrived in Baguio at around 6pm. Immediately went to the market to buy some "pasalubongs" then had a little walk at Session Road. I was looking for a comfy slippers I can wear since my feet were already tired from using my sneakers. We also bought dinner here to bring back to our transient.


At the transient, we freshen up a bit, ate dinner and went immediately back to the Night Market. We just checked out the ukay stuff and then also ate at the Burnham Park. Went home at around 11pm. 

The next day, the owner/care taker of the transient was kind enough to leave our bags while we went out for our early lunch. For lunch we went to Ili-Likha Artist Village in Assumption Road near Session Road. I always come back and bring my friends at this place since I really like the vibe and the food here. The place is still superb! 




Also, we experienced an earthquake here while dining here. It was a weird experience since no one in the place was freaked out so I thought that there was truck or something or maybe the shaking was normal for them. Not until I checked my Facebook and saw that it was indeed an earthquake. 

Anyway, after our lunch here we went to the Bell House/Bell Amphitheater at Camp John Hay for a little walk. I already went here a lot of times but I never explored the garden itself  since every time I go here it was raining or slippery. It was my first time to go here at a sunny day. 




After our little trip here, we went to our transient and went to Victory Liner an hour before our departure time. Went back to Manila at 4pm and arrived at around 8pm.

I really had FUN during this 2024 trip to Baguio since I was able to come back to the places I miss. I also got to explore new places this time. Honestly, I wasn't able to really appreciate some of the places since I was in a rush to go from one place to another. For sure, I'll be back again to visit the place next year hoping I can relax and enjoy it better.


You can also check out the vlog I made on my Youtube channel below:
See ya again next year! 
 

0 comments