FOODTRIP(179): Filling Station Bar & Cafe

For the longest time, been wanting to visit the famous Filling Station Bar & Cafe in Makati but I never really had a chance to do so plus it's a bit far from my place. Good thing, a few weeks ago, I finally got a chance to visit this restaurant with my friend. 
 
Let's travel back in time in the Filling Station Bar and Cafe which is inspired by the 50's American Diner aesthetic vibes. The place has a retro and vintage vibes and all the corners are ALL Instagram worthy! The music is all retro and they even play old 50's series on the television! 
  

Did you know that this place first opened it's doors to the public in 1994?! And it is open 24 hours!!! 

Filling Station Bar and Cafe is 2-floor restaurant. They have a liquor and cakes on the first floor while the 2nd floor is the diner itself. The place is really huge! 
  

We sat on the "dark" side of the diner since there are a lot of people seated on the side where the famous vintage car is located. (Much better lighting and aesthetics on that area). 
 

By the way, went here on a Sunday night, around 7 in the evening. Surprised that there wasn't much customers around that time but the place was almost full when we left at around 10-11 PM. 

One of the things that made me hesitate on visiting this restaurant is the PRICE of their MENU. The prices were a bit higher than I expected but I found that it was REASONABLE instead. Wanna know why? Yes, the foods were really pricey but the servings were HUUUUUGE! Both of us ordered 1 dish/meal and surprised to see it's huge servings. I think it was good for 2-3 persons! Yay!
 
 

We stayed there for about 3-4 hours and I did enjoyed dining here. Though I didn't get a chance to take photos of the place since there were a lot of customers when we were about to leave. Not sure if they now allow shoots here or using or dslr but I got a few snaps using my mirror-less camera. And I knew a friend who had his shoot here so yes, I think it is now allowed. 
 
Hopefully, I can visit here again with more friends soon! 

 
Filling Station Bar and Cafe
Located at: P Burgos, Makati, 1210 Metro Manila
Opens: 24 hours
Phone number: (02) 897 2053

0 comments