Where To Stay in Puerto Galera: Squares Beachfront Apartments

Last June 18-20, 2018, I went back to Puerto Galera for a vacation. Been here twice last year and this time I chose a different resort/accommodation for this trip.
  
Looking for a new and affordable accommodation in Puerto Galera, I came across the Squares Beachfront Apartments in Booking.com. I was kind of hesitant to book here at first since it is located at the other side of Puerto Galera, exactly at Small Tabinay Poblacion. Meaning, it’s a little bit far from the famous White Beach plus the view here is different as well. (Already went to Amihan Del Sol during my first trip here and Casa Mia on my 2nd one).

 
How To Get Here:
Coming from Muelle Port, we rode a tricycle going here. Please don’t be fooled by the some of the tricycle drivers like the one I encounter. I know that they there are pricing higher than usual to tourists but I was so tired to bargain/refuse that’s why I rode the Php50/person ride going to Squares. But it’s just Php20-30 per trip. The travel time is 5-10 minutes coming from Muelle Port.

We entered a residential area going to the apartment. Then we were welcomed with the huge door at the Squares Beachfront Apartments.  

Just a tip before going to a place you are unfamiliar: Do a research. I searched Squares Beachfront Apartments on Google Map to familiarize how the resort would look like and the route to get there.

Since we came here during June and it’s already a lean season, there were few guests around, mostly the elderly. The place is quiet and far from the party life in the White beach so it’s a perfect place to unwind and just relax. And the place is huge!  It looks like I was transported to Greek days because of its white and blue interiors.
 
 

We check in at their café/bar area. They asked for my name and ID then paid for the remaining balance. Then they assisted us to our room at the 2nd floor.
 

The room is huge and seems like a home! Well there are called “Apartments” for a reason. Let me share with you the accommodation we got.

We got the Deluxe Room which is priced for Php2000/night. No breakfast included. Additional of Php250 if with free breakfast. Though they only served 2 breakfast which the Filipino Breakfast (Php150) and American Breakfast (Php250).

Since I don’t have a credit card, I booked thru text and paid via Palawan Express. Though you can also pay at LBC.

Sala/Living Area – With cable TV, Electric Fan
 
 

Kitchenette – Ref, microwave, Electric Kettle, Stove, Toaster, Rice Cooker, kitchenware (spoon, fork, knife, mug, glasses, pans)
Washing Machine
 
 

Small Dining area
 

Veranda/Terrace – with tables and chairs, with sampayan and sipit
  
 

Room (55 m2) – Queen Size bed, Aircon, towels, linens, pillows, 2 lamps, Closet, Vanity area with mirror, private bathroom, Tissue, bidet, shower
 
 
 

All the rooms have a garden view and is beachfront. They have a huge garden area which I fail to take a photo. You can also grill for free at the garden area.

They also have a café/bar area and even a library!

Home away from home. I really love the extra huge spaces of the room plus the beachfront view from our terrace. The view from the shore is also great too! The beach in front is swimmable even for children. During our visit here, there was only little waves. It’s a little bit rocky, sands are not that white compared to the White Beach or Aninuan Beach but it’s okay.
 
 
 

If you forgot something, Squares has a mini store wherein you can buy your needs. Or there is a store near the resort.

By the way, they only serve breakfast meals (Filipino Breakfast – Php150, American Breakfast – Php250). We ordered their American Breakfast during our 2nd day. The meal is okay and the serving was just enough.
 

Though you can dine at the nearby resort called, Badladz Beach Resort. Price range from Php150-500. 
 

In case you want to explore Puerto Galera, I suggest renting a motor bike from the neighborhood. There’s one house in the area that offers motor bike rental for Php400/overnight. It’s called Iron Cross though I forgot to take a photo. You just must surrender your ID and pay them. Since I’m a bit familiar with some place is Puerto Galera, we chose to rent a motor bike instead. I think motor bike is one of the mode of transportation in Puerto Galera and I’ve seen a lot of foreigners riding a motor bike. If unsure, you can ride a tricycle which is located on the highway.

White Beach and Aninuan Beach are 15-20 minutes away from Squares. Market is just 5 minutes away.

Squares Beachfront Apartments. 
 
 
 

The like that the place is quiet and it’s a great place to relax. If you’re not going elsewhere, this place is already good for a stay-cation

Would you believe that I washed some of my dirty clothes on our 2nd night!  They even have a dryer! It’s great since I won’t have to bring wet clothes back. They even have a sampayan and sipit on the terrace.

Place has a Wi-Fi though I only have 1 bar of WIFI that time. It’s good for browsing and uploading but not streaming or watching videos. Though it’s okay since I’m not there to watch, right? Also, no worries with the cellular signal.

 
Overall, I really had a great time staying here. Though I feel bad for not being able to maximize our stay on the resort/apartment itself. I wish we can extend our stay during that time but I’m planning to come back here maybe this year or next year. Will stay longer for sure! I want to thank Ms. Rose Warren for being so accommodating to my text messages and the staff of Squares which are very friendly.

You can watch my Puerto Galera Vlogs on my Youtube Channel below:
 
 
 
Squares Beachfront Apartments
Located at: 577 Small Tabinay Puerto Galera Oriental Mindoro Philippines
Contact number: 0995 380 9680 (Ms. Rose Warren)

OTHER LINKS:
http://pinkislovebynix.blogspot.com/2018/07/puerto-galera-2018.html
http://pinkislovebynix.blogspot.com/2018/07/where-to-stay-in-puerto-galera-squares.html
http://pinkislovebynix.blogspot.com/2018/07/where-to-eat-in-puerto-galera-badladz.html
http://pinkislovebynix.blogspot.com/2018/07/where-to-go-in-puerto-galera-aninuan.html

http://pinkislovebynix.blogspot.com/2018/07/where-to-go-in-puerto-galera-white.html

0 comments