First Impression Thoughts on SiliSponge

One of the viral makeup product that every beauty junkie must have heard last year is the famous SiliSponge.
 

For those who didn’t know, SiliSponge is of course, made of silicon which saves up more of your foundation compared to the famous Beauty Blender. It has a smooth texture, doesn’t soak up the foundation thus lesser product used.

Not only that, SiliSponge is easy to clean, saves more time and money.

Packaging: I got mine in this sealed gold plastic. The product comes in a re-sealable ziplock plastic packaging.
 

Price: Php250 at @powerbankph (Instagram)

How To Use: I’m not sure how exactly to use this one or whether to put the foundation in the silisponge first or to dab the foundation first on your face before blending. So on my experience, I’m more comfortable dabbing the foundie/bb cream first on my face first before using the silisponge as a blender. It actually depends on you but I prefer this way. Let me tell you why on my review/result.

Review:
  
- So during the first time I tried using the silisponge, I immediately applied the foundation/bb cream on the silispinge then dab it directly on my face. If you’ve watched my video, you’ll see that I had a hard time spreading and blending the product thus making it look heavy and cakey. I tried blending it more but it just makes it worst.
- On my 2nd try, I tried another technique which I first applied the foundation/bb cream on my face (which I usually do on my every makeup application). I find it easier that way since I can control the foundation and coverage on my face. Yay!
- I’ve read mixed reviews about the silisponge so I think it is because of how to they applied the foundation. Once you get to know this technique, you “may” find silisponge easier to use.
- Usually, I put on 2-3 layers of foundation/bb cream when I’m using my regular Beauty Blender or even my mushroom brush. This Silisponge live up to my expectation as I only applied my foundie/bb cream once on my face. True enough that it really saves up your makeup product.
-Also, I noticed that applying makeup on the sides of my nose was a bit challenging since the silisponge cannot easily reach those parts.
 
- Blending is okay but it really takes much of my time.



Made a video review of SiliSponge on my Youtube channel below:

 

Pros:
- Long lasting
- Easy to clean
- Saves more time, product and money
- Practical
 
- Long term use
- Doesn’t easily break

Cons:
- Hard to use at first
- Blending takes more time compared to Beauty Blender or brush

Verdict: Overall, I’m kinda in between this Silisponge since it has both a Pros and Cons. I have already mentioned everything on my review above and I think, proper technique must be used to effectively use this product. Also, I see myself using this but not on a daily basis since I using the SiliSponge takes more of my time especially that I’m always on a rush every time I go to work. Though I see myself using this when I have more time to do my makeup or when I go out. I still have high hopes for this one and this would be a nice addition to my growing makeup tools.
 
Interested, I got my Silisponge at PowebankPH online shop. For more info, pls see below:
Facebook: @powerbankph
Website:
 http://wholesalechy.com
Phone num: 0917 274 9182
Thank you again PowerbankPH :)


Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by PowerbankPH shop. I'm not paid to make this review and the product was sent for me to try. My reviews are based on my own experience so keep in mind that while a product may work for me, it may or may not necessarily work for you. I do hope you find my review helpful since all my reviews are 100% honest.

How about you? Have you tried this one? Or any recommendations you like to share? Pls don't hesitate to leave your comments down below. Hope to hear from you. :) Thanks for reading :)

0 comments