Silkygirl Cosmetics - First Impression Thoughts + Swatches

Hi girls! I’m back with a makeup line feature with the brand SILKYGIRL COSMETICS. Silkygirl is a cosmetic brand from Malaysia that offers wide variety of beauty and makeup products.  I heard that they are a famous brand in Malaysia and glad that they brought it here in the Philippines.
  
Today, I’ll be sharing with you my first impression review of some of their makeups as well swatches of their lippies.

Let’s start with their Magic BB All-In-One Powder Foundation (9g) which claims to give off a flawless matte and shine free finish, long wearing and lasts all day. It has a SPF 35/PA+++ to protect you from the sun and it feels light on the skin. Great product which is formulated for Asian skin.
 

**Key Ingredients:
Wild Mango Butter & Calendula Flower Extract – moisturizes and softens the skin
Sakura & Mulberry Leaf Extract – smoothens and brightens the skin
Powder La Vie – Longer-lasting makeup, no touch-up needed
Vitamin E – Hydrates the skin and protects skin from free radicals
Silica – Absorbs excessive sebum for natural and matte finish

The packaging comes in a white and pink box and all the description and ingredients were clearly written on the box. The powder foundation itself comes in a pink compact with mirror and sponge applicator.
 
 

There are 4 shades available which are: 01 Ivory, 02 Natural, 03 Medium and 04 Rose Beige. Color range maybe a bit lighter on the photo. My perfect shade is 01 Ivory though I can also use the 02 Natural. For Filipina skin tone (morena), I do recommend getting the 03 Medium or 04 Rose Beige.
 
  
 
For first impression thoughts, I love that this powder foundation feels light on the skin. The coverage is light to medium and it really helped to even out my skin tone.  Since I have an oily skin, I like that it helped to control my oil especially on my T-Zone.
 

Next are products are these Go Matte Lipcolor (4g) which are formulated with Shea Butter, Safflower oil and Papaya extract to moisturize, nourish and smoothen the lips. Though it claims to have a matte finish, I believe it has a more satin finish. Though you can still get that matte finish by dabbing a tissue on your lips after application.
  
They gave me 4 their 4 new bold shades namely: 07 Daring Pink, 08 Foxy Red, 09 Loud Fuchsia and 10 Spicy Marsala. They have 6 other shades.  
 
 

Packaging comes in this simple black bullet lipstick and the shade can already be seen from the outside. The shade can be seen at the bottom part. Application isn’t hard as it smoothly glides on the lips.
 
 

Swatches:
 
 
  
 
It may not look like it but girl, would you believe that this one REALLY LASTS ALL DAY! Some shades maybe a bit too loud for me so I prefer going for the ombre lips for that everyday look. My favorite shade is 10 Spicy Marsala which I can wear for a full lip or even ombre lips.

For the last product and the highlight (I think!) is their Matte Junkie Lip Cream which claims to be kiss proof and transfer resistant. It is a highly-pigmented liquid lipstick that dries to a matte finish and stays on your lips throughout the day.
 
It comes with a doe-foot applicator for that easy application. 
  

I believe they already have a total of 9 shades. Got the lovely 5 old shades namely: 01 Retro, 02 Glamour, 03 Rebel, 04 Vintage and 05 Vixen.
 
Honestly, I had a difficult time to apply with some of the shades but some shades were easy to apply. I’m not sure if it’s really with the shade or the formulation. But nonetheless, I like that it easily dries on the lips and it has a perfect matte finish. Color pay-off is excellent as all the shades were highly pigmented. 

Some shades maybe too bold for me but so again, I prefer wearing them in ombre. But the 3 nude shades, were so good! I didn’t think that I can pull of those shades. All of them are my favorite nude shades but 04 Retro stands out for me.

Longevity is good as it lasts for 8-10 hours for me with minimal food and water intake. It is matte but no worries with removal since it can be easily removed with a micellar water.

Swatches:
  

 

By the way, below is the video review where you can see live swatches of the lipsticks and lip cream on my Youtube channel:
 

Overall first impression thought about Silkygirl are impressive and highly recommended products to try! Thanks Silkygirl PH!  
  
 

You can check out more about Silkygirl on their links below:

How about you? Have you tried this one? Or any recommendations you like to share? Pls don't hesitate to leave your comments down below. Hope to hear from you. :) Thanks for reading :)
post signature

0 comments