Baguio FOODTRIP(134): Chaya

Foodtrip outside the Metro are one the things I always look forward to when traveling. So last Nov 25, I went to Baguio for a short vacay and of course, I can’t miss out trying some restaurants in Baguio.

After going to Bencab Musuem, Rina and her boyfriend suggested to have our lunch at Chaya, a contemporary Japanese cuisine located at Legarda Road in Baguio.
 

You won’t really notice Chaya at first since it’s a bit hidden by their gate. But once you enter, you’ll see a restaurant inside a huge wooden house.

Place is really cozy, relaxed and has a nice homey ambiance. There were lots of tables and chairs for their customers. I also like how cozy their sofa area is.
  
 
  

Btw, I found their menu here:

For starters, they gave each of us complimentary appetizers which I’m not really sure of the names. 
 
- The spinach? were crunchy and tasty. While the meat on the other side taste a bit sour. 
- The soup was tasty and I love the tofu included as it perfectly melts in my mouth.


Katsudon (Php290)
“Steamed rice topped with tonkatsu, thinly sliced onions, dashi soup, egg seasoned with Japanese ingredients”
 
- Rina and I ordered their Katsudon. The thick tonkotsu was very tasty, yummy and made me really full. Btw, they gave us HUUUGE amount of servings so I think it is good for sharing.

Chaya Salad (Php280)
“Sprinkled of fruits over greens with fruity dressing”
 
- Chaya salad was very refreshing to eat. The fruits and letuce were fresh, very crunchy and again, they gave us huge amount of servings. Very satisfying.

Mixed Tempura (Php350)
“Tempura variety of shrimp, seafood and vegetables with green tea salt or Dashi sauce”
- Crunchy, tasty and yummy.

Salmon Sashimi (Php280)
- Bias to this because I love sashimi. Theirs taste very fresh, soft and melts in the mouth.

Japanese cuisine may not be usual go-to when visiting Baguio but why not give this one a visit. Good dining experience since it really feels like you’re eating at home. Value for money is good, given the amount of servings and the experience. Worth a visit. Would love to come back again :)

 

Chaya, Baguio
Located at: 72 Legarda Road, Baguio City, Philippines
Opens at: Mon-Sun; 11AM-9PM
Phone num: (074) 424 4726; 09159054820; 09183567376
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/chayalegarda/

0 comments