Life Lately (April 2021)

It's been a year since I made a LIFE LATELY. I kind of miss sharing something personal here on my blog. I miss the days where I write about what happened in my life - the ups and downs without people judging the REAL YOU. I miss those days where I can freely post, rant or just say what I want share. But again, what we post online is merely a portion of who we really are. 

Things have changed since the COVID PANDEMIC came in. The way of life changed not only in the Philippines but in the whole world. Most needed to stay at home to prevent the spread of virus. It was hard adjustment for all of us. It's been a year and when we thought this year will be better (or so I thought), it is sadly getting worst, AGAIN. 

BYE COMPANY NURSE. HELLO PSYCHIATRIC NURSE. 

I've always wanted to work at a Psychiatric hospital and I've been applying for over the years. I finally landed a nurse job at a government mental facility here in the Philippines and yes, it is a dream come true for me. This pandemic opened up a new job for me after being a company nurse for more than 6 years. 

Being back at the hospital is a nostalgic feeling for me. I've trained there before (in 2013) and adjusting at work isn't that difficult for me. Although I can say that a lot of things have changed. It is different now that I am working as a Staff Nurse not a trainee. There is this pressure and big responsibility behind my back since I already trained and have been exposed there for being a trainee for a year. The days, weeks and months of adjustment are tiring but challenging. Now I can say that I have adjusted well enough and yes, I am very much enjoying my work (plus the salary! :)) 

PANDEMIC NEW NORMAL LIFE.

With rise of Covid cases again here in the Philippines, a new ECQ protocol was implemented again. Only essentials are opened, no dine in, less malls are open and now we are back to having curfew as early as 6pm until 5am. As front liners, we are exempted from this. Currently, I am working during the morning shift until 7 in the evening and good thing, me and my boyfriend have the same shift. So thankful for this because at 7pm, now there are less cars outside meaning it'll be so hard and unsafe for me to get home at that time. 

No leisure travel again and no going to the malls (at least to run errands or for groceries only). For the mean time, this curfew and following the protocols are the BEST thing we can do for now. Still hoping for ways to fight this virus. Not expecting this will end anytime soon but praying for us to be safe until this ends. 

HELLO 32!

Can't believe that I am now not part of the calendar. Normally, during this age, most of the people have settled there lives. Stable career, marriage, family, home. Where am I in those? 
I have realized a lot of things now that I am 32. I am blessed and thankful that I have now a stable and happy career (despite the pandemic/covid 19). I realized that SUCCESS doesn't mean being happy with just material and physical things but it more of being CONTENTED and HAPPY with what you have. When it comes to marriage - Yes, I want to settle down, get married and have kids but then I realized that I don't want to settle with someone just because I am pressured of the age or compare myself to the people around me. I want to let things be and not to be in a rush. I am happy and contented with what I have now. 

BUSY BUSY LIFE.
I know I may not be as active as I was before because of my work. There are so many things/reviews I want to share but seems like I lack time. I work for 12 hours a day (3-4x a week) and I got 3-4 days off a week. Yes it may seem like I have a lot of rest days but my rest days fly by so fast. I usually do errands, clean and do laundry during the rest days. Working on a blog review takes an entire day same as editing photos or videos. Filming a video also take an entire day for me. Then me and my boyfriend also spend our time together whenever we have the same rest day. Sometimes when I feel so lazy, I just lay in bed, spend the day on my cellphone or play Mobile Legends. Netflix and chill at home are the best too! These are the reason why I rarely post reviews now. But don't worry, I have a list of products to film soon. Also, I still have videos to edit. I just don't have the time to edit but will post that very soon. 

Just a little CATCHING UP.
During this pandemic, catching up with friends isn't that easy compared to the normal times before. Happy that I still got to catch up with some of my friends every once in a while. 

CAT UPDATES
Since the pandemic, I find myself so focused with my 4 cats (they are like a children to me and I love them with all my heart). Last February, my 3 cats got a bad virus that I had to confine them at the nearest vet hospital. According to their vets, it was just a mild one but since they have lost their appetite, confining them was the best option. I must say that most of my savings was spent with their medical fees, confinement, new foods and other stuff. But it was all worth it knowing I didn't just let them suffer and saved their lives. I remembered, when we got Meowie home after 3 days of confinement, the once shy and demure Meowie was so talkative to me until we got home. Seems like she was telling me a lot of things and I felt that she is thankful that she survived whatever bad virus that got her. That is how much I love my cats. I would really do anything for them. 
And speaking, here are some random photos of my lovely cats. (I have 4 cats - 1 mama cat and her 3 boys). Chee Chee, Whisky, Owangie and Meowy. They just turned 3y/o last Feb 25! :) 

TRAVELING.
I only got to travel in Tagaytay or Cavite since the pandemic last year. Been to a lot places in Tagaytay and even had a staycation last January. We all thought that everything will be better soon so I was planning to go the beach for the Summer. But since there is a new protocol to follow, my beach plans are cancelled again. Not complaining. I just feel a bit sad with what is happening to our country and the world just because of the virus. Praying that it'll all be better soon so we can resume our old lives again (although this is not anytime soon, for sure). 

Well I just want to share a bunch of random SELFIES and OOTD, of course! 


SUPER ADDICTED TO STARBUCKS customized drinks :)
 
We all have a different paths so no need to compare your life to others. Learn to see the good in all things and trusting the process. To always be thankful for what you have and for every opportunities. Thankful for good health and thankful for the beauty of life. Thankful for God and His continuous blessings despite 
A new GCQ extension will be implemented in the NCR again and with the rising number of cases, all must be very vigilant at times. Let all do our part in preventing the spread of the virus but limiting our movements outside and staying at home at times. Praying for this to end soon and let us all stay negative. :) 

That's all for my LIFE update. Thanks for reading and hope to see you on my next blog post. And thank you dear reader for patiently reading this life update. Will keep in touch soon! :) 
 

0 comments