Recommended for Acne/Oily Skin: Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner (Review)

My current skin is now back to being normal to combi type. You heard it right, I'm not oily skin again. Thanks to my NEW skincare routine (which I will share soon!). Today, I'll be sharing with one of the MOST RAVED SKINCARE Product I've heard for years!!

 
This is the Thayers Witch Hazel Toner which is alcohol-free, non-drying, gentle toner made from Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera and Rose Water. It is free from parabens and propylene glycol. 

 
What is witch hazel? 
Is a powerful medicinal plant that relieves inflammation, fights acne, reduce skin irritation and fights acne. 
It is a natural astringent which moves oil from skin and it is also has an anti bacterial properties which are perfect for those who have acne skin. 

What does Rose Petal do?
It contain natural oils for to moisturized the skin. I relaxes and promotes glow on the skin. It gives that natural dewiness on the skin. 

While the Aloe Vera soothes the skin and also reduce skin irritation and inflammation.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Certified Organic Witch Hazel Ext Blend (Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel*), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Filet of Aloe Vera*)), Phenoxyethanol, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Fragrance (Natural Rose), Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract *Denotes Certified Organic Ingredients

They got a lot of variant like the Hazel Lavender, Hazel Cucumber, With Aloe Vera and Unscented. I got the Rose Petal one. Although not sure if all are available in the Philippines. 


Packaging: Comes in huge transparent bottle. I like that the sticker label is written in a matte-like paper. 
 
 
   
 
  

Weight: 355ml Price: Php695 

Consistency: It is a lightweight toner that feel like water. It is gentle on the skin with a little moisture when applied. It doesn't leave the skin tight or stripped. 

Scent: Mild rose scent 

How To Use: 
I use this as my everyday toner (day and night time) before makeup (day) or before putting on serum/moisturizer (night). You can use a cotton ball or cleansing pad to soak it with. 
 
 

Result:
  

Pros:
- Smooth and supple skin
- Gentle/mild
- Removes excess dirt, oil or makeup 
- Glowy skin 
- Less oil production 
- Calms the redness on my skin (especially when I have pimples) 
- Doesn't dry the skin 
- No irritation
- Huge bottle (you can use it for a longer period of time) 
- Preps my skin for makeup or next skincare routine
- Can be used as a toner or even facial mask 

Cons:
- Not travel friendly (although there is a smaller version of this one) 
 

VERDICT: 
Having an acne, oily and sensitive skin makes it hard for me to find the RIGHT toner that would suit my skin and cause no breakouts. After using the Thayers Witch Hazel Toner for almost 2 months, I can say that this is one of the BEST TONERS I've ever tried. It's a mild and gentle toner which didn't dry out or irritate my skin. I noticed that this toner helped lessen the oil production that I have thus I didn't experience any breakouts at all. Love the huge bottle as I know I can use it for a longer period. You can also use this as a facial mask instead. I can't honestly see any cons for this toner except that the bottle is of course, not travel friendly although I believe they have a smaller once in case you want to bring this around. 
 
Thayers Witch Hazel Toner is now available in the Philippines. You can check their products are SM Beauty Stores and Watsons. 
 

0 comments