Love, Stargirl <3

I just want to share with you 2 of my fave books titled:

Stargirl and Love Stargirl both written by the best selling author, Jerry Spinelli. :)) 



I love books. I grew up reading books. I love to search the library (since Grade school ‘til High School) and borrow some books. I love picture-reading books and those in the mid teens/teens-young adult-books-section. 

I was in my 5th grade when I had this classmate and a friend who was known to be a book worm among our batch. She was always kind enough to lend me books whenever I wanted to borrow books from her. Til one day, she lend me this little blue book with a star and a stick drawing-picture of a girl in front of the book. It was Stargirl.

There was something about that drawing in front of the book that got me curious. So I read it. 



Quote: “You’ll know her more by your questions than by her answers. Keep looking at her long enough. One day you might see someone you know." 

Stargirl (published in 2000),as she named her self, is the new 10th grade student in Mica Area High School. And everybody thinks she’s weird. Then here comes Leo Borlock who was the narrator of the book who fell in love with Stargirl. 

I really love the story as it revolves around the nonconformist, Stargirl. She was weird, she plays ukelele, sings Happy Birthday songs every lunch, wears weird outfits and doesn’t seem be affected by what people thinks of her. Until she became "one-of-them” to be accepted and gained popularity among students. But in the end, she realizes that she cannot please everybody but still was kind enough to those people who hates her. 

I would really like to recommend this book not only for teens but for everyone. It may be a highschool-centered-situation but I think this may also be applied at some point in our lives. As it tells about being who you are no matter what the people thinks and says about you. 

Try to read this one and be inspired. So step up, don’t be afraid to be who you are like Stargirl! :)

***

Quote: “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.“

Love Stargirl (published in 2007) is the sequel to the book Stargirl. Now, it’s Stargirl’s turn to tell her story in a diary-letter-narrative form. She now lives in Pennsylvannia after she left Arizona and her boyfriend, Leo. This book is something about accepting challenges, facing problems and finally moving on. 

Again, I would like to recommend this book to everyone (But please read Stargirl first). I grew to love Stargirl in this sequel as she first struggles with her feelings for Leo but in the end finally found her true happiness. Really very inspiring! :))

***

~ Stargirl : Bought when SSAM had a Scholastic Book Sale when I was in 4th year (November, 2005). It was last one of the rack so I really asked money from my mama to be able to buy this one! :))

~ Love, Stargirl: This has been on my wish list since I first saw it on the net. This is actually a "rare” book so it was really hard to find copies on the bookstores. I saw once in Gateway mall before but was too pricey. Then I also one last 2010 at SM Megamall, and when I came back to check again, it was already gone. Was so happy when I recieved this as a gift from my friend when I had my birthday this year! Heard that it was really hard to find. But still, yipee for the effort and the book! :))

***

Well, that’s all for now! Hope you enjoyed my review :))
post signature

0 comments