What Happened?! Honest Review!! 30 Days Miracle Toner AHA/BHA/PHA by Some By Mi : Final Review

Nearly 3 weeks into using the famous Some By Mi Miracle but WHY DID I STOPPED?!
If you follow my Instagram stories you'll actually know the answer by now. 30 Days Miracle Toner? Did it really work? Did it really fade my acne marks? Flawless skin tone?
 

Last July, I got a chance to try the famous Some By Mi Miracle Toner which claims to leave the skin clearer and more radiant. Some By Mi is a new Korean brand that offers different skincare products starting with their famous 30 Days Miracle Toner. All their products are KDFA approved. 

Click HERE for the FIRST IMPRESSION THOUGHTS.


For the past few months, I experienced having bad breakouts and was so desperate to go back and try using Korean products as a part of my skincare routine. A few years ago, I tried using Korean products but sadly, I had a bad breakouts during those times thus avoiding Korean skincare since then. But a few months ago, I started to notice that I get a lot of breakouts even though I'm not using new products and there's a lot of blackheads on my face! I'm desperate plus I badly want a skin good (who doesn't right?) without spending too much. 

Miracle Toner by Some By Mi
 
AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner works as an effective exfoliator to leave the skin cleaner and more radiant than before. It helps to repair damaged skin to a healthier skin. Suitable for all sensitive, dry and oily skin.

You can use this to exfoliate the skin without irritation. Can also be used for those who have dull skin, large pores, blackheads, whiteheads and too much sebum (oily face). It can also be used as a mild toner for those who have damages and sensitive skin. It is slightly acidic and a low pH toner which calms alkalized skin and balances pH of the skin to prevent breakouts and retain healthy skin.




   
Weight: 150ml (one bottle is good for 2-3 months of use)

Ingredients:
Exfoliating Ingredients: Citric Acid (AHA), Salicylic Acid (BHA), Lactobionic Acid (PHA), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract
Brightening Ingredient: Niacinamide
Anti-wrinkle treatment: Adenosine
Hydrating Ingredients: Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) Gylcerin, Xylitol, Fructan, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Urea

How to Use:
After washing the face, soak the cotton pad with the toner and gently wipe off the skin and tap for absorption. Can be use in the morning and night.  

Miracle Cleansing Bar by Some By Mi
 
AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cleansing Bar is used to help deep cleanse the pores with no irritation for that brighter skin tone. It contains 10,000 ppm of Real Tea Tree and ECOCERT (certified organic oil) such as olive oil and argan oil.

 
  
Weight: 160g

How to Use:
1. Roll massage your cheeks. 
2. Massage your nose up and down. 
3. Roll massage your forehead below the hairline. 
4. Carefully massage near your eyes and mouth 

H7 Hydromax Cream
 
H7 Hydromax Cream is a moisturizing cream that aids in making your skin younger and whiter. It has 7 types of Hyaluronic Acid that fills in the deepest layers of the skin thus acting as a barrier to maintain moisture. With its natural ingredients, it is used as an anti-oxidant, anti-wrinkle and makes the skin supple. 
 
 
Weight: 50g

Consistency: Watery - gel type cream


WHAT ARE AHA, BHA and PHA?

AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) helps with the skin exfoliation and moisture content. It’s effects are felt on the surface of the skin. it can stimulate collagen and elastic thus aide in skin aging and reduce wrinkles. Water soluble that moisturize the skin. I
Ex: Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Malic Acid, Citric Acid
Side effects: Increases photo sensitivity, scarring, inflammation, redness or burning

BHA (Beta Hydroxy-Acid) mostly preferred for oily and acne prone skin. It has an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that penetrates deep within the pores and reduce inflammation. Oil soluble that tends to dry out the skin.
Ex: Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid
Side effects: Itching, scarring, increased sensitivity to sun

PHA (Polyhydroxy Acids) is a third generation peeling ingredient. They promote mild peeling and deeply penetrates the skin with less irritation. This is great of every skin type especially sensitive ones.  It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties

It is strongly recommended to use sunscreen while using these acids. You can apply and use the products once or twice a day. 

Watch the video on my Youtube channel below: 
 


FINAL THOUGHTS: 
 
ON MIRACLE TONER: The toner has a minty scent and very mild on the skin. Consistency is watery but feels moisturized on the skin upon applying the toner. I noticed that it made my skin soft, smooth and moisturized especially in the morning. This toner has that right amount of moisturize that every skin types will truly love. Though at times, my skin feels a little greasy when I wake up in the morning after I use this toner at night. I like how soft, supple and moisturized my skin is in the morning, I prefer using this at NIGHT ONLY since I have and oily skin. I tried using this toner in the morning but I noticed that my skin became oily-er. I only use this in the morning when I'm at home or not going out.

ON MIRACLE SOAP: The soap is very mild and I usually use this in the morning and at night together with the Miracle Toner. I cut the soap in to small parts to maximize the use. I like that the soap doesn't dissolve easily so I still have more than half of bar in a month of use. 

ON H7 HYDROMAX CREAM: Since I already have an oily skin and I personally avoid using moisturizers, I like this one is very mild and a little goes a long way. I only use this a night and usually the last part of my skincare routine. Sometimes I use this in the morning when I'm on my rest day. I find this cream very hydrating on the skin and makes my skin soft and supple

THOUGHTS ON ALL THE PRODUCTS:  
 

1st week - It really made my skin soft, smooth and supple. I noticed that the emerging pimples started to dry up fast. No new pimples that week. 
 

2nd week - It helped some of the blemishes fade though I experienced small pimple breakout or purging. There were tiny bumps with whitish heads that easily fades in 1-2 days. I also noticed superficial red spots on my forehead that I NEVER experienced. I didn't bother so much since I thought it was purging and still continued to use the set. Also, I noticed that I had less blackheads now so I thought that the product helped to get of my blackheads which is one of my skin problems.
 

3rd week - I noticed that the pimple on the cheek that was supposedly drying up already became excessively huge! There was A HUGE BUMP with PUS the day after that. I also noticed 3 tiny bumps with a pus on my nose area, one bump with a pus near the eyebrow, more red spots on my forehead, 2 pimples near my hair line and small pimple with a pus on my chin. Then I knew I was having a bad breakouts. I immediately STOPPED using all of these and went back to my old skincare routine. 
 
Imagine having a good skin for days then suddenly a BAD SKIN right after a few weeks of use. I really felt bad for risking my skin to Korean skincare again. I first tried Korean skincare/products in 2016 and I remembered having a lot of breakouts in a month. I also thought that it was purging or maybe hormonal breakouts but then when I stopped using Korean skincare, the breakouts also stopped. I'm not blaming Some My Mi or any Korean products because this is just how my skin reacts. I have an oily, acne prone and sensitive skin to begin with and I noticed that Korean skincare products tends to have a moisturizing effects on the skin plus I think their products are really suited for colder weather/climate. Also, I noticed that my skin likes more "harsh" products rather than the milder ones. 

 
I know that this product has A LOT OF POSITIVE RESULTS but sadly, I think it's really not for me. It's already my 2nd time using or trying a Korean skincare routine and I experienced BAD BREAKOUTS both times. :(
I'm not saying that this product would not/would work for you but I'm just stating my experience here. 

You can watch the video review on my Youtube channel below:
 

***For now, I'm recovering from this breakout and still looking products that would help my skin. Since I used this kit for straight 3 weeks (for the sake of review), I'm planning to give it a TRY to use this along with my current skincare products just to see if it'll work out. 


By the way, I got mine directly from Some By Mi (SITE), priced for 32,000 Won or Php 1517.61. (Sale price NOW, August 2018 for 15,000 Won or Php 711.38). There's also a lot of online shops here in the Philippines which sells Some By Mi Miracle Toner so you can check that out (just not sure of the authenticity). 
Though it didn't work out well on my skin, I want to thank again to Some By Mi for this! :) 
Site || Instagram

How about you? Have you tried this one? Or any recommendations you like to share? Pls don't hesitate to leave your comments down below. Hope to hear from you. :) Thanks for reading :)

6 comments

  1. Hi! Have you already recovered for the breakouts caused by this? I had used the set for almost 2mos and i still have the breakouts :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The breakouts grew worst until the end of the year. Finally went to a dermatologist last November and here's my updated skin (January 2019) https://pinkislovebynix.blogspot.com/2019/01/my-isotretinoin-journey-acnotinaccutane.html I still have a lot of redness plus few pimps during this momth. Though my skin's way better than now. Here's my current skin and routine: https://youtu.be/jn8KGCGumoc

      Delete
  2. Hi I tried this before for about 2 weeks, my skin was breaking out so bad like there huge pimple all over the face and it couldn't be hid. So sad and I thought I was the only one who exp this. Hopefully we found the right skin care routine. Well I stopped using toner and my skin Is getting better for just using aloe Vera, plus the scars are fading slowly, but I'm grateful. Hihi, have a nice dayy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just started the miracle line also for two weeks now and same as you nagbreak outs ako super dami. now im gonna stop it since buong mukha ko na sya. ano po yung ginamit nio pampalit instead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get breakout immediately after applying the toner. So I stopped. I had experience with Korean products before as they create breakouts. But I want to try to like them as people rave about them. So I tried this toner and it caused breakouts and many comodos also

    ReplyDelete