Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask || Is It Worth the Hype?

I maybe too late for this review but a month ago, I got a chance to try out the famous Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask that was so hyped last year. I believe this product has been on the market for years but I only knew it in 2017. Many claimed positive reviews about this one and heard it that it works well on acne or oily skin. Since I have a sensitive skin and prone to breakouts, I honestly had a lot of doubts with this product. Even though many raved about the product, I didn't dared to buy one for myself for the reason that I fear it may cause breakouts and a tub is a bit expensive for me. 
 
A month ago, Unlimited PH (@unlimitedph_) sent me their trial/small sized version of the famous Aztec Secret Healing Clay Mask. It's a great thing that they have small sized version for girls like me who wants to try it first before buying the huge tub. My only question is, is it really worth the hype?

Aztec Healing Clay Mask claims to be the "Worlds Most Powerful Facial" deep pore cleansing. It is a 100% natural calcium bentonite clay known for its healing and detoxifying properties. It absorbs and remove toxins and impurities upon contact with fluid. You can use it for facials, acne, body wraps, foot soaks, chilled clay for knee packs and insect bites. 

The original packaging comes in a large tub but since I got the trial/small sized version (which you can only buy from online shops) which comes in a 50 gram plastic container. It already comes with small yellow bowl, a tiny spatula and the Apple Cider Vinegar. Price is Php280/set. 
 

The powder is color light green and has no scent. It only have a different scent when mixed with the vinegar. 
 
 

Things needed:
- Non metal mixing bowl
- Non metal spatula
- Scooper
- Brush
- Apple Cider Vinegar

How to use:
Mix the clay with equal parts of raw apple cider vinegar and/or water. Stir the mixture well until it turns to a smooth paste.You can add more clay or liquid as needed. For normal skin, let it dry for 15-20 mins and 5-10 mins for sensitive skin. 
 

> Skin BEFORE use:
 
 
 
> Skin AFTER use:
 
Normally, you will feel a pulling and tightening sensation. You can remove the clay with washing it with warm water. Slight redness of the skin is normal and will disappear in about 30 minutes. 

Watch my video review on my Youtube Channel below:
 
Pros:
- Made my skin soft and smoother after use
- My skin and pores felt clean
- Totally cleanses my skin
- Easy to use
- 1 (50g) container can be used twice

Cons
- Scent smells a bit bad due to the vinegar 

I used the whole container as I thought it would be enough for my whole place. 1 container is enough to use for twice. As for my first impression thoughts, the Aztec Healing Clay Mask did made my skin soft and smooth after use. I love how my skin felt clean as well as my pores. The only thing I didn't like about this is the scent when mixed with the apple cider vinegar which is normal. I used 1 0ml water and 10 ml apple cider vinegar for this as I'm to afraid that it would irritate my sensitive skin. Left it for about 5-10 minutes only. There was a bit of redness on my forehead and nose area after 5 minutes so I decided to rinse it with warm water after 10 minutes. Since the clay wasn't that hard yet, I was able to easily remove the clay with a warm water. Is it worth the hype? Not quite sure on this one since I only used this once. Though my experience using the Aztec is good and looking forward to use this on the future. 

 
For more info about the Aztec Secret Healing Clay Mask, you may check the links below:
Facebook || Instagram || Shopee 

2 comments

  1. Clay has the amazing, natural ability to soak up 100x its own bodyweight. A natural clay mask draws out toxins from your skin and promotes blood flow, stimulating and restoring your skin, leaving you with a wonderful, healthy shine..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete