FOODTRIP(109): Seafood Island

Looking for a place to eat in Cubao, we decided to try the foods in Seafood Island. Actually, been passing this place lots of times already but never tried any of their foods before. Why is that? First, I'm not a seafood lover since sometimes I do get allergies when I eat seafood. Second, I prefer other dishes than seafood. And lastly, I thought Seafood Island is pricey. Haha So lemme share with you my first experience dining here. 

Went here weeks ago on a weekday evening. Place has lots of tables and chairs, enough to accommodate large pack of people. Ambiance is okay, but just a bit dark. Since it was our first time dining here, I got overwhelmed by lots of dishes to choose from their menu. Good thing, the staffs were so accommodating and patient to all of our querries. 

We were only 2 that time, here's what we ordered: 

Dapitan's Pride (Php845 for 3-4 persons) 
 
"San-Mig Clams, Grilled Tilapia, Grilled Squid, Grilled Liempo, Laing, Steamed Crabs and Kalkag rice with Crispy Shrimps" 
  
  
  
- And IT WAS SO GOOD!!! Like it's the best boodle fight food evah! Haha I mean, everything was so good most especially the rice! The rice was so tasty and delish! Though a bit tiny, love the clams too! Of course, servings were more than enough for 2 persons. 

Watermelon Shake (Php95) 
- Good thing we ordered this as this drink is a perfect combi with all the foods we ate. Their watermelon shake was really refreshing :) 

So after our satisfied dining here, we decided to come back again the next week with more friends. We came with 2 more friends on a weekday evening again. So here's what we ordered: 

Mt. Apo (Php1,650 for 5-7 persons) 
"Balbakwa, Clams sa Buko, Steamed Crabs, Steamed Shrimp, Grilled Liempo, Grilled Squid, Inihaw na Manok sa Gata, Fried Tilapia, Law-uy, Kinilaw na Tanigue, Ensaladang Lato, and Garlic Rice with Crispy Dilis" 
 
  
  
- This time, the food served were huge and I was able to try more of what they serve. The rice is plain this time so I got a bit disappointed on that since I was looking for that tasty rice I loved on my first time dining here. Most of my friends did love the seafoods especially the crabs and shrimps. Though I think, we didn't touched some of the foods since we didn't know what it is. Servings were more than enough for 4 persons. 

Overall, I did enjoyed my experience at Seafood Island and I would definitely recommend this to everyone especially family or group of friends who wanna dine experience boodle fight of seafoods. Haha Both are good though but I like and will recommend Dapitan's Pride though :) 
Seafood Island, Cubao 
Located at: Shopwise Arcade, Araneta Center Cubao Quezon City 
Opens at: 10AM-1AM 
Phone number: 913 8761 
Facebook: http://facebook.com/Blackbeards.Seafood.Island
Blackbeard's Seafood Island Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments