FOODTRIP(58): Brickfire Katipunan

Katipunan area is known to have lots of restaurants and foodie stop ever since before. Since this place is near my home, been going to this area a lot of times (especially when I was in high school when I took advance classes every summer or review for entrance exams) but wasn’t able to explore this area well.

If you have read my previous posts, I mentioned that I want to expand my food journey starting with Katipunan, UP Town and/or Maginhawa St. So I invited one of my friends for a food trip in Katipunan.

Let’s start with Brickfire, located at 2nd flr Xavier Residence, near/at the back of McDo Katipunan. Brickfire has variety of foods, mainly steaks but they also serve breakfast meals, burgers and pasta. As the name itself, place is brick themed and very Western. Waiters were very accommodating as they greeted us upon entering and assisted us with our seats.
 
I haven’t seen the menu before we went here so I was surprised that their foods are very affordable. Actually, I really wanna try their pasta but since it’s a steakhouse resto, of course I ordered their steak instead. Haha

Here’s what we ordered:

Cowgirl Annie in Honey Mustard 220g with Rice (Php164)
  
 
- I’m not a fan of steaks but this is soooo good! My friend actually suggested for the doneness to be “Medium Well” since “Well done” would make the steak hard to slice or chew. I don’t usually eat steaks so I didn’t know this but good thing, Ilistened. :) The meat was soft, juicy and easy to chew. The sauce along with the corn and carrots, made the meat yummy! I was quite surprised that the servings given was huge given the price of Php164 only!! Actually, I wasn’t able to finish the steak since I was already full.


The Duke (Tenderloin)
 
 
- According to my friend, this steak is soft as this one’s tenderloin. “Though, hindi ata medium well yung luto naging medium rare, medyo rare pa yung ibang parts pero oks naman hindi lasang hilaw.” My friend also thinks that maybe they lack more veggies/sides included. Though everything’s worth it for the price.

But overall, my experience with Brickfire is really nice. Very affordable and totally recommended steaks! :)

 

Brickfire, Katipunan
Located at: 2nd flr Xavier Residence Building Rosa Alvero corner Esteban St Loyola Heights Quezon City
Phone num: 09173547318; 4262254
Opens at: 10:30AM - 10PM



Brickfire Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
post signature

0 comments