FOODTRIP(53): Recovery Food + Rita's Italian Ice




A few days ago, I and my friends went at UP Town Center for the FIRST TIME. Yes, it’s actually near my place than my usual foodtrip hangout but I’ve never been at UP Town ever. haha :)
 
First impression of the place: somehow reminds me of Eastwood and BGC but just a bit smaller.

After looking for a place to eat, we decided to dine at Recovery Food. Heard a lot of mixed reviews about this one so I also wanted to try.

Place is nice and comfy. Servers were polite and accommodating.
 

Upon seating, menu was handed to us. 
 

Here’s the menu I got from zomato.


Here’s what we ordered:
 **We all ordered regular servings**

Happy Pork Rice (Php155) Cubed pork rice topping with RF’s special chicken rice
 
>What my friend thinks: Wasn’t really satisfied.

>Me: Didn’t really like the taste. 

S.S.T. (Php180) Spicy Sweet Tuyo, scrambled or fried egg, organic garlic rice
 
>What my friend thinks: Didn’t liked it
Me: The sweet and salty tuyo was okay but the salty part was a bit empowering.

Tapa De Morning (Php180) Homemade tapa, scrambled or fried egg, ensalada, organic plain rice
  
>My dish: I think their tapa is a bit dry when eaten alone (without the ensalada thingy) but I still find it delish. Just looking for that soft and sweet tapa taste. The ensalada with a bit of vinegar and tapa combined is the best! :))

Honestly, forgot what this one is :((
>What my friend thinks: It tasted like cornbeef. Didn’t liked it.
>Me: I think it tastes okay but it’s not my type of food.

Sagolaman (Php75)
 
>Tasted too sweet. We weren’t really able to finish this.
 
All servings are in regular but still they really gave us generous amount of servings.

Overall, for me I think they were able to live up to its name Recovery Food since I did enjoyed my food a lot. Prices are worth for your money, I think. Though for 2 of my friends, they weren’t really happy nor satisfied with the foods they ordered. Hmm. So yup, still 50-50 for this restaurant :)



Recovery Food
Located at: UP Town Center, Katipunan Ave. Diliman Quezon City
Phone num: 09176293171
Opens: 24/7





Recovery Food Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

After eating at Recovery Food, we decided to try the famous Rita’s Italian Ice. People have been craving for this and also read a lot of positive reviews so yea, we all wanted to try.

Since it was our first time, the staff was very kind to assist us with how or what to order despite the people lining up around. Haha

I got the Gelati (Smores and Vanilla custard) in regular size.
 


Their ice cream is distinct and different from your ordinary ice cream. Surprisingly, it tasted good especially their custard but only of the first few bites. I’m not a fan of sweets so I find this one too sweet for my taste. The custard tastes good but it wasn’t really something I want to try again.


Overpricing + overrated. Will still recommend for those sweet lovers and those who are curious :)





Rita’s Italian Ice
Located at: 2nd floor UP Town Center Katipunan Ave. Diliman Quezon City
Contact num: 02 9552452
Opens at: 11AM - 10PM, Mon - Sun










Rita's Italian Ice Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato





Happy to finally see some of my KISEEEG friends again. We actually went at QMMC to visit the father of one of our friends then went at UP Town Center since it’s quite near the place. Next year, we’ll be celebrating 10 years of our friendship (since 1st yr college, 2006) YAY!!! :)) 
 
 
 
post signature






0 comments