QUARANTINE LIFE (MAY 2020 Update)

It's been almost 3 months since the lockdown/quarantine in the Philippines. The way of life changed not only in the Philippines but in the whole world. Most needed to stay at home to prevent the spread of virus. It was hard adjustment for all of us. 
 

LOCKDOWN LIFE. WORK. 

Last April, I shared on my Youtube channel how I go to work and how my life has been. No public transportation is allowed and there is curfew starting at 8am until 5 am. I have no private car and renting a car is so expensive during these days. Good thing, I go along with my co-worker just to go work and get home at 11PM. Then, they'll drop me off and I'll walk for about 10 minutes until I get home. 
 

I am NURSE (Company Nurse) and this May, I decided to lessen the days that I was working since there are no transportation available. I'd rather stay at home than to rent a car since it really expensive. So most of the time, I'm just at home trying to be productive. Yes I am trying. 
   
  
(FIRST FEW DAYS of the new normal life on March 2020) 
  
 
  
 


HOMEBODY.

I am used to just staying at home and doing nothing or just being lazy. I am still trying to fix that so that I can productive. If you've noticed, I rarely share new videos or blog review just because I feel so lazy to make one. Don't blame me please. I just love relaxing at home like watching a movie or series, spending time with the cats, playing games and reconnecting with friends instead.  


RECONNECTING.

This time I learned to reconnect with friends via video call. Since I miss chilling out, at times, I talk with friends over a beer or soju. This is also the best time to make new friends and establish connections. Although, I really miss going out with friends. 


 
   
 

FOOD.

Craving at the wee hours? That'll be a problem. I had to buy foods to stock at home since food deliveries weren't accessible compared before. Groceries were open and that's the usual go to place nowadays. I am now very familiar with all the stalls and racks at our grocery since I had to visit it every week. I learned to also buy the things that I only needed. At times, I also cook but most of the time I go for online deliveries. I only had Grab app for food deliveries before but now I had to install Lalafood or Foodpanda for more food options. 
  
(I like taking photos of the sunset while walking back at home)
  

OTHER SUPPLIES.
  
This time, I also had to make a way to buy supplies for my cats. Before, I go to the market to buy cat food and rent a Grab on the way home. Since I can't do that anymore,  I had to think of ways to buy these things for my cats. I usually buy their cat food online via Angkas (it easier to book and I feel safer with Angkas rather than book someone online) and ask if they can shell out money to buy the cat food on the pet shop. If they agree, then I'll add fee on top of the delivery fee on the app since I always order 2 sacks(16kg) of cat food. Same for the litter sands and other supplies. 

TIKTOK.

Yes, I finally gave in to Tiktok because I find the videos on the app very amusing. Also, I find it fun to learn the dances ans share them on my Tiktok page. I usually doll up and make a video every week. Yes, I do this instead of doing Youtube videos. Haha


OTHER STUFF.

This is also the time I get to have A LOT of selfies taken in a month. hahaha

GCQ will be implemented in Manila on June 1. This'll be a NEW adjustment again and with the rising number of cases, all must be very vigilant at times. The government can't sustain each and every Filipino needs that why they now implement the General Community Quarantine meaning there will be MORE people going outside. I also plan to go back to work since I need an income. I wish everyone's safety and hope this pandemic will end soon. 

That's all for my LIFE update. Thanks for reading and hope to see you on my next blog post. 

 

0 comments