FOODTRIP(92): Greg and Sally Tree Garden Cafe

Greg and Sally Tree Garden Cafe is one of the famous restaurant I've been hearing a lot in Marikina. Been wanting to dine in this place since I've heard it last year but it was until today that I was able to visit the restaurant. They are famous for an indoor and outdoor dining restaurant with a nature feels. 
 

We went there at around 4PM on a weekday and only few customers on the place. Upon entering, we were immediately welcomed by one of the staffs and assisted us to our seats. 

Menu was handed to us upon seating. Here's the menu from Zomato: 
http://www.zomato.com/manila/greg-and-sally-tree-garden-cafe-marikina-heights-marikina-city/menu#tabtop

The staff told us that the waiting time is 15-20 mins so while waiting, I was able to explore the place. 
The Guide located outside

The Entrance

Here's where we chose to sit, at the Gazebo. 




The famous bed spot at Greg & Sally. 

They also have a herb garden on the other side. 
I do love flowers a lot so I really enjoyed taking photos of the flowers they have. 
**spamming you with floral photos**
 

I was also able to meet one of the owners, Ms. Isha who was very kind to share with me the story of Greg and Sally. We also had a small chit chat about their food and the garden. Until we were cut short since the foods were already served on our table. 

Here's what we ordered: 

Peppered Steak Rice Meals D - Served with rice, buttered beans and carrots (Php185) 
"Nothing beats a classic Pan - grilled peppered pork steak served with a choicd of either gravy or steak sauce" 

- I like the peppered steak a lot as it was soft, chewy and very flavorful. And for the price of Php185 for the steak with rice, buttered beans and carrots, it's definitely worth it. Felt very full after eating this one. 

Mushroom Sisig (Php175) 
"Our healthy sisig option served with rice and egg" 



- I was only able to taste just a bit of this dish and I can say that it has a normal taste for me. Nothing fancy though I'm looking for that more flavorful sisig taste. 

Cheese Balls (Php85) 
"Chewy cheese coated with special breading and garlic dip" 
- 12 cheese balls for Php85!! Just wow. I like the cheese balls a lot since I'm a cheese lover. Though the downside of eating around 5 cheeseballs in one seating (was able to consume 5), there was this umay factor afterwards. I guess this is really good for sharing with friends. 

Brownie Ala Mode (Php95) 
"Greg & Sally's brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup" 
- Ms. Isha was so kind enough to give us this complimentary Brownie Ala Mode for dessert. The brownie topped with vanilla ice cream is a great "pantangal umay" after eating. The brownie was soft and serving was more than enough for me. Haha 

Btw, I wanna thank Ms. Isha for giving us this free treat and for being so kind to us. I wasn't able to thank her personally since one of the staffs said that she was already inside the house at that time. Thanks Ms. Isha! Hope to see you and chit chat with you again when we come back :) 

Iced Tea (Php45/glass) 
"Home blend iced tea" 

Btw, service was really good here since the staffs are really attentive and accommodating to our needs. They're also very friendly and approachable. 

Overall, despite the negative feed backs I've been reading, I think for me, this hidden garden restaurant in Marikina is definitely recommended when it comes to food, ambiance, service and price. I love the dishes that we ordered and the garden is really nice. The owner is kind as well as her very attentive and accommodating staffs. Price is also worth it for me. This is already one of my fave places and you should try this place too :) 
 
Greg and Sally Tree Garden Cafe 
Located at: 145 Ipil St. corner Champaca St., Marikina Heights Marikina City 
Phone num: 940 1976; +63 9209533085 
Opens at: 11AM-9PM Tues-Thurs; 8AM-9PM Fri-Sun, Daily Breaks: 2-4PM; Closed on Monday 
Facebook: http://facebook.com/GregandSally
Greg and Sally Tree Garden Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments